Get to know the best Lock Screen Apps for your Android devices.
There are myriads of Android lock screen apps to download from Google Play Store. In this article, we are going to review the best lock screen apps for Android.
Since the usual slide to lock pattern that first debuted on Android devices, lock screen on Android has undergone a series of modifications and innovation.
Getting a perfect lock screen that would suit your taste can be a cumbersome task, especially now there are millions of apps in the Google Play app store. You have to keep downloading and trying out different ones until you find your taste.
If you don’t like the look and feel of your Android lock screen, in this review, we have decided to list our Top 10 best Android lock screen apps based on user preference and user experience.
This is not to say the one listed in number 1 might suit you better than the one on number 10, user satisfaction is still based on personal preference.
10 BEST LOCK SCREEN APPS FOR ANDROID
1. HI LOCKER
Hi Locker is a fairly typical lock screen replacement app. It is ranked among the best Android lock screen apps. It’ll show you the basics such as weather, notifications, calendar events, etc.
It’s got a decent array of ways to customize it, too, including custom greetings, different fonts, and automatic wallpaper changes. You can also have it greet you with funny quips and greetings. It even has fingerprint support on devices with fingerprint readers. You can also have it auto-set wallpapers from Flickr. There are some customization options as well. For instance, you can have it hide notifications from certain apps so people can’t see it. It’s not even close to the most complicated lock screen apps, but it’s a great replacement for those who don’t need a ton of features.
- With 3 unlock style: Classic, Lollipop, iOS.
- Supported Fingerprint for Samsung devices and some devices running Android Marshmallow
- What’s next: Show/Add events, weather in the next few days on lock screen.
- Hi Locker is your lock screen, you can customize everything with your own style.
- Hi Locker with smart feature will automatically give some greetings to make you feel funny and friendly when using such as good morning, good evening…
- Enter your name: You can enter your name or favourite status on lock screen.
- Hi locker displays a notification on lock screen, you can easy to view, or delete notification by swiping left or right.
- Drag “the dot” to circle lock or double tap to on “the dot” to unlock lock screen.
- Open quickly or change the usual app easily.
- Wallpaper: Easy to change, add or delete wallpaper. Automatically change wallpaper after a period of time, blur wallpaper when you have new notification…
- Flickr: Random wallpapers from Flickr.
- More watch’s user interfaces for choosing.
LokLok is one of my favourite among the best Android lock screen apps. It is different from most lock screen apps. It’s almost kind of a mash-up of a lock screen and Snapchat. Turning on the device will open your camera. You can take a picture, draw on that picture, and then send it to your friends or loved ones. They’ll see the image when they unlock their phone next and can respond accordingly. It’s not great for sending risque pictures, but it’s excellent for reminding someone to grab milk on their way home from work. The app is free to use. There are in-app purchases for things like sticker packs.
- LokLok makes your standard Android lock screen less boring
- Draw on your phone without unlocking it
- Leave a note for others, it’s the first thing they’ll see when they reach for their phone
- Use it with your significant other or a group of close friends and stay in touch throughout the day
- Works like a whiteboard, erase what’s there or draw over it
- Take a photo and put it on your friend’s screen. Draw over the photos they take
- Works as a lock screen and as a widget
- Share your masterpieces on social media with the #loklokapp hashtag
- Find friends from your contacts and Facebook or be completely private
- No history is saved, once you erase the drawing it’s go
LokLok is still in beta, and you can’t set up a PIN code with it just yet, meaning it’s not a great lock screen app for security. But as a free, fun way to send messages, it’s definitely worth a shot.
AcDisplay is a new way of handling notifications in Android. It is one of the most popular lock screen apps. It emulates the always-on lock screens of devices like the Moto X, Galaxy S8, and others. Users can play with notifications without unlocking their display. It also features some customizations. For instance, you can set it to work only during certain hours to save battery life. More and more devices are coming stock with something similar. Thus, we’d only recommend AcDisplay to those with older devices that don’t already have this feature.
- Great design and awesome performance.
- Active mode (uses the device’s sensors to wake your device up when you need it.)
- The ability to use AcDisplay as lock screen.
- Incredible level of stability.
- Inactive hours (to save some battery.)
- Enable only while charging.
4. GO LOCKER
Developed by the owner of GO Launcher, GO Locker, a lock screen featuring highly-recommended security, stability, and compatibility. It is ranked #1 among the best Android lock screen apps in 2019 with top downloads in Google Play, customized with varieties of high-quality themes.
The most stable lock screen can be adapted to more than 8000 kinds of phones! Nearly 100 million downloads, 1,000,000+ user reviews and a 4.4-star rating, that’s Go Locker! Never worry about your privacy again as GO Locker will completely lock home button from waking up your screen! You can set switches on the left screen, also you can clean the running apps to boost your phone up!
- Lock home button from waking up your screen to fully protect your privacy (NEW)
- A vast number of themes with plenty of unlocking styles, iPhone style, android style and other styles beyond your imagination (keep increasing)
- Shortcuts to system switches and settings
- Read your message directly from the lock screen
6. CM Locker
CM Locker provides you with powerful features, beautiful themes, and clever screen unlocking mechanisms to turn your simple default lock screen into something completely personalized! Create your own unique lock screen themes from scratch with our easy-to-use DIY editor and share them with the world by uploading them to the Locker Master community. Not only that, see what other users are creating and freely download the lock screen themes that catch your eye.
CM Locker protects your confidential data lock your phone’s screen to secure your privacy. Anti-Theft Protection can help you locate your lost phone, remotely lock it and enable its siren. The Intruder Selfie function snaps photos of intruders who enter the wrong password.
- A simple but powerful DIY editor that allows you to quickly create personalized, beautiful, and even complex lock screen themes;
- An extensive selection of clock designs, decorations, sprites and props that you can easily mix and match to your heart’s desire;
- A large variety of unique and clever unlocking methods to choose from beyond simple swipe gestures and password patterns;
- A huge worldwide community of users creating, sharing, and enjoying creative lock screen themes all available for download;
- Able to show unread SMS messages and missed calls on locker screen;
- Supports 2k+ high-resolution images and themes!
- Able to display third party app notification on locker screen (include Google +, Facebook, Twitter, WeChat etc.)
7. NEXT LOCK SCREEN
Next Lock Screen is the ultimate lock screen for busy professionals. No wonder, it one of the most downloaded 10 best Android lock screen apps in 2019. Next helps protect your phone from unwanted access by others, and you are instantly more productive. It is an excellent productivity locker app and companion for your everyday life.
Perform the following functions, directly on your lock screen:
- Custom unlock: protect your phone with a PIN or pattern code. Fingerprint unlock is available on hardware-supported devices. Smart lock based on location (home and/or work).
- Notifications: view missed calls, text messages, and message notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail and WhatsApp.
- People: easily call or text your favourite contacts from the lock screen.
- Apps: launch your favourite apps with our built-in app launcher.
- Tools: quick access to the Camera, Flashlight, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and more.
- Weather: check the local weather with automatic updates.
- Calendar: view your upcoming events, complete with time and location. Receive summaries of the meetings you have for today and tomorrow.
- Music player: control your favourite songs and playlists. Next supports the most popular music apps such as Spotify, Audible and Pandora.
- Wallpapers: choose your own image or from our gallery of photos. Select the Bing Wallpaper of the day to receive a beautiful new image on your screen every day.
8. C Locker Pro
This is one of the best screen locker apps but it doesn’t come free. Meaning you may have to pay for the app to enjoy all its features
Alarm Anti-Theft Screen Lock is an older app but this finds it ways among the 10 best Android lock screen apps in 2019. However, its features are still very relevant today. It focuses more on security than anything else. Instead of being ridiculously secure, the app is ridiculously annoying. Someone putting in the wrong passcode will make your phone sound off very loud alarms. It’ll also vibrate, blink the screen, and cause a general ruckus. In other words, you will know if someone is getting on your phone. It’s one of the few free lock screen apps. Just don’t mess up your passcode. Seriously.
Solo Locker is one of the better DIY lock screen apps. You get access to a bunch of customization features and lock screen elements. You can then construct your lock screen how you want. It comes with various lock methods, wallpapers, and even widgets. You can use these to make your lock screen. You won’t find a ridiculous amount of depth here, but there are enough options to make it fun. The base app is free and you buy additional stuff with in-app purchases.
Above are our lists of 10 best Android lock screen apps in 2019, which of them are you currently using?