Fortune has announced its top 500 most admired companies for the year 2017 and among the top 20 Fortune most admired brands 2017, Apple is the number one most admired brand in the world. Meanwhile its closest rival in the mobile phone business, Samsung Mobile was unable to make the first 20 list due to its deteriorating reputation during the Samsung Note 7 explosion saga.
The criteria used in the deciding the list are innovation, people management, use of corporate assets, social responsibility, quality of management, financial soundness, long-term investment value, quality of products and global competitiveness.
Over 3,800 executives, directors and analysts were asked to select the ten companies they admire the most, and to rank them on nine criteria. And Apple for the 10th consecutive times in a roll has been the most admired brand on the planet. Below are the top 20 Fortune most admired brands 2017.
Top 20 Fortune Most Admired Brands 2017
- Apple Computers
- Amazon.com Internet Services and Retailing
- Starbucks Food Services
- Berkshire Hathaway Insurance: Property and Casualty
- Disney Entertainment
- Alphabet Internet Services and Retailing
- General Electric Industrial Machinery
- Southwest Airlines Airlines
- Facebook Internet Services and Retailing
- Microsoft Computer Software
- FedEx Delivery
- Nike Apparel
- Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals
- Netflix Entertainment
- Costco Specialty Retailers
- Coca-Cola Beverages
- American Express Consumer Credit Card and Related Services
- Nordstrom General Merchandisers
- Procter & Gamble Soaps and Cosmetics
- Salesforce.com Computer Software, Source Fortune