Facebook Messenger Day is yet another take on Snapchat stories, see how to use it
Facebook messenger day;another clone of Snapchat Stories. If you think Facebook is done with the cloning of Snapchat stories then you may be in for a shocker as the social network giant has introduced yet another Snapchat and Instagram like ‘stories’ on Messenger and is called Facebook Messenger Day. The new feature allows users to post stories which expire after 24 hours.
According to Stan Chudnovksy, head of product for Messenger, he said the Facebook Mesenger Day would be launching globally on Android and Apple devices
At the end of last year, we launched Messenger’s new fast, powerful built-in camera to help make your conversations better than ever,” Chudnovsky wrote.
At the same time, we also began testing a way for you to share these photos and videos as they happen, by adding to your Messenger Day, where many of your friends can view and reply to them.”
Facebook Messenger Day is also similar to WhatSapp and Instagram stories which were launched recently and Messenger Day’s photos and videos also disappear after 24 hours.
How to use Facebook Messenger Day
- First make sure you’ve updated your Messenger app so you have the latest version.
- Open Messenger, and tap on the camera highlighted with a sun to celebrate this launch. Doing so drops you right into the full-screen camera. Or, tap the “Add to your day” button at the top of your inbox to get started.
- Snap a quick selfie or take a photo or video of what’s around you.
- To add art and effects, tap the smiley face icon in the top right and then tap to add to your photo or video. You can also add text over your images by tapping the “Aa” icon, and you can overlay a drawing by tapping the squiggly line in the top right corner.
- Once you have your photo or video the way you want it, tap the arrow in the bottom right corner. You can then add directly to your day, save it to your phone’s camera roll, and/or you can choose to send it to a specific person or group of people. The photo or video that you add to your day will be viewable for 24 hours.
You can also add to your day from a conversation you’re having with a friend or group of people. After you send a photo or video, you’ll see the option to “add to your day.” Simply tap that text, and you’ll be asked to confirm you’d like to add it to your day.
While you’re messaging with someone, you’ll see if they have anything new from their day, too