Facebook is celebrating international women’s day 2017; see how you too can join the celebration
Facebook is celebrating the international women’s day 2017 and in this post, I will update all Facebook users and all people all over the world how to join the International Women’s Day on Facebook. Facebook users all over the world will start to see the #womensday event on their Newsfeed, this is as a result of the international women’s Day that is going live on Facebook for up to 24hrs. According to Facebook Global director of Diversity, Williams, Facebook users will begin to see “celebratory artwork” in their News Feeds linking to Facebook Live event.
International women’s day is day set aside to celebrate women all over the world which is on 8th of March every year. For Facebook users, expect to see Facebook Live Video which the social network giant has said will go Live for 24hour.
The Global director of diversity; Maxine Williams announced this on Facebook Newsroom, that the 24-hour Facebook Live video will start on Tuesday, March 7 at 7:30 a.m.
Through #SheMeansBusiness—a program Facebook launched last year to support, celebrate and empower women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses—we will host a global Facebook Live event. For 24 consecutive hours, policy makers, female business owners, entrepreneurs, NGOs (non-governmental organisations) and leaders around the world will use Facebook Live to share inspiration, impart knowledge and discuss topics of women in business.
While Facebook is celebrating #internationalwomensday
Maxine Williams said that Women all over the world contributed in no small measure to build and support a global community that works for everyone. Which is especially true when it comes to women who run businesses. We’re proud that 40% of business Pages on Facebook are women-owned, which increased 60% from 2015 to 2016.
How To join the international women’s day on Facebook
Facebook users who want to join the #internationalwomensday 2017 celebration on Facebook can start their own conversation to celebrate female leaders, entrepreneurs, industry role models or business owners by using the #SheMeansBusiness hashtag in their posts.
Below are other ways of joining the Facebook #Internationalwomensday on Facebook.
- Show support for the day by sharing the celebratory artwork you may see at the top of News Feed, or by clicking on the “Explore Inspiring Stories” button to visit the #SheMeansBusiness site.
- Share a conversation on Facebook Live to celebrate women’s progress and achievements.
- Write a post, share a video or photo about women making a difference in all communities around the world.
- Find a local International Women’s Day event or discover a women-focused group that’s relevant to issues close to your heart and get involved. People in over 100 countries around the world have already taken to Facebook to organise thousands of events related to International Women’s Day.
- In the US, start a Facebook fundraiser for a favourite nonprofit on behalf of female empowerment or add a donate button to a live video.
Pls lets every one of us share this post on facebook and other social media network to celebrate all women all over the world. I hope you do enjoy the international women’s day on facebook