Full 4G coverage in Nigeria is becoming a reality and many internet network providers( MTN, GLO, ETISALAT) are already joining the 4G revolution in Nigeria. The only Network provider that is yet to secure a 4G frequency band is Airtel Nigeria. In this post I am going to show you how to check the 4G band frequency of any smartphone that supports 4G Network.
Internet Network providers in Nigeria and their 4G Band Frequencies
- MTN 4G LTE , supports band 20 (800MHz) and Band 7 (2600MHz)
- Glo 4G LTE, supports band 28 (700MHz)
- Etisalat 4G LTE, supports band 3 (1800MHz)
- NTEL 4G LTE, supports band 8 (900MHz) and Band 3 (1800MHz)
- Spectranet and Swift, supports band 40 (2300mhz)
- Smile, supports band 20 (800mhz)
How to Check the 4G band Frequency of any Smartphone without any App
Before now, you are told to download Engineering mode app from Google PlayStore before you can check the 4G frequency band of a phone, but with this new process, you won’t be needing any app before you can check your phone 4G frequency band.
To get started, you will need a Unique code to dial and enter the engineering mode of your phone straightaway.
- Dial *#9646633# to enter engineering mode and swipe to Telephone Tab
- Scroll down to select Band Mode
- Tab on Band Mode and select SIM1 if is your default SIM for data otherwise select SIM 2
- Scroll down to LTE MODE and you will see the list of 4G band ticked , the ticked bands are the supported bands for your phone.
Above is how to check the 4G band frequency of any smartphone. Feel free to leave your questions below.