How to Mute a Person’s Instagram Stories on Android and iPhone, how to unmute Instagram stories, how to mute an account on Instagram, how to mute Instagram story
Since Instagram introduced the ability to mute stories, many have found the feature helpful to send back Instagram stories they don’t want see or follow. The essence of this post is to serve as guide for those who don’t know how to mute Instagram stories. Explained below is how to mute Instagram stories.
How To Mute Instagram Story on Android and iPhone
Open your Instagram app, You will see a list of people stories at the top right corner,
- Swipe through the Instagram stories until you locate the particular stories you want to mute.
- Then, tap and hold on the person’s story thumbnail( it has the person’s profile image on it) until you see two options displayed on your screen.
- Like the one on my screenshot, I want to mute Ayomosesmd’s story.
- Click on mute to mute the person’s Instagram story.
- Remember when you mute a person’s Instagram Story, they will be moved farther right Instagram story and you won’t get to see when they post a new image or story.
How to unmute Instagram Story
Just like it is possible to mute Instagram story, you can as well unmute a person’s stories.
To get started, look out for the greyed out story on the top right when you open Instagram.
Muted stories are located at the farthest right of Instagram.
Tap and hold on the person’s thumbnail to bring out an option to unmute the person’s story.
Finally click on unmute.
There you have guys, how to mute Instagram story on Android and iPhone.