Asus recently released the Asus ZenFone 4 Pro on August 2017, as the successor of the ZenFone 3 Deluxe. Although you can still spot a few similarities to last year’s device, the new ZenFone 4 Pro is far more advanced than the ZenFone 3 Deluxe.
The Asu ZenFone 4 Pro is a very powerful smartphone specifically for the processor, camera and battery. Most noteworthy is the selfie camera.
Available in just two colours, Moonlight White and Pure Black, The Asu ZenFone 4 Pro is a beauty to look at. Unlike Asus previous smartphones, the ZenFone 4 Pro is a lightweight smartphone. It doesn’t feel heavy at all, weighing just 175g with 6.17 x 2.97 x 0.3 inches (156.7 x 75.4 x 7.6 mm) dimension.
It has narrow bezels with a 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass which gives a more comfortable grip.
The home button on the front doubles as a fingerprint sensor. With a metallic design, the ZenFone 4 Pro appears to be solidly built and has a premium look as well.
Asus used the advanced Nano Molding Technology on the ZenFone 4 Pro. Which in my own opinion is the best looking Asus smartphone now.
They are now designing smartphones people can actually flaunt in public. I think Asus should introduce more colours in their ZenFone series, the black and white is just too limited in my opinion.
It comes in an expansive 5.5-inch AMOLED display and surrounded by an ultra-narrow bezel, which provides a cinematic view and a slimmer width for easy operation. With a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and a pixel density of 401 PPI, the ZenFone 4 Pro screen will be sharp enough to watch your videos or play mobile games.
It has a screen-to-body ratio of 70.54 %, for a 5.5-inch smartphone in 2017 I think they could have done better. The Corning Gorilla Glass on the screen is also Scratch-resistant so you don’t need any extra screen protector.
Hardware and Software
The Asu ZenFone 4 Pro is a very powerful smartphone, it spots a 2.45GHz Octa-core, 2450 MHz, Kryo 280, 64-bit, 10nm Fin Field Effect Transistors (FinFETs) to deliver 20% improved performance from the ZenFone 3 Deluxe. ZenFone 4 Pro runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with ZenUI. It is powered by the flagship 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, one of the most powerful system chip on a smartphone. Which is also 27% faster and 40% more power efficient than the Snapdragon 820 on the ZenFone 3 Deluxe.
With a massive built-in storage of 128GB upgradeable up to 2TB and runs smoothly on 6GB of RAM, and together with the desktop-grade Adreno graphics, the ZenFone 4 Pro will handle even the most demanding games and apps with ease.
Asus joined in on the ongoing trend of the dual back camera, as the new Asu ZenFone 4 Pro spots two rear cameras.
There is a 12MP dual camera on the Asus ZenFone 4 Pro which is a Sony IMX362 sensor.
And with the Sony flagship IMX362 image sensor, 10x total zoom capability, and an F1.7 aperture lens. The ZenFone 4 Pro has one of the best cameras on a smartphone.
Its front 8MP selfie camera with fast phase-detection and auto-focus enables you to capture amazing photos that look like it was taken with a professional camera.
The Asus ZenFone 4 Pro is the world’s first smartphone to ever incorporate three high-end Sony image sensors. Like that isn’t enough, Asus also incorporated their SuperPixel Engine in the camera to ensure up to 8x brighter photos in low light.
The Asus ZenFone 4 Pro delivers ultrafast connectivity, thanks to its Cat 12 LTE Advanced cellular network and dual-band 802.11ac WiFi. It also sports Wi-Fi in a 2×2 MIMO configuration which let you download with speed up to 866Mbps. It has dual sim card slots compatible with nano sims. The home button can also be used as a Fingerprint scanner to unlock your phone and take selfies. Sensors on the phone include Accelerometer, proximity, gravity, Gyroscope and Compass sensors.
Its 3600mAh lithium battery can let you watch videos for up to 21 hours. And when you want to recharge, the ASUS BoostMaster technology provides 18W (9V/2A) of power for fast charging.
Full Specification Of Asus ZenFone 4 Pro
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 19(800), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 or 100 Mbps
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 75.6 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- Size: 5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~70.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes, up to 10 fingers
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), Asus ZenUI 4.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo)
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Internal: 64/128 GB, 6GB RAM
- Dual Primary: 12MP (f/1.7, 25mm, OIS, 4-axis, PDAF & laser AF) + 16MP (50mm), 2x optical zoom, autofocus, LED flash
face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 1080p@120fps, 720p@240fps
- Secondary: 8MP, f/1.9, 22mm, 1.4µm pixel size, phase detection autofocus, 1080p, HDR
- Alert types: Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- DTS sound enhancement
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- FM: Yes
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, colour spectrum
- Messaging: SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Java: No
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3600 mAh battery
- Talk time: Up to 27 h 30 min (3G)
- Fast battery charging: 50% in 32 min
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The Asus ZenFone 4 Pro is now available for pre-order for just $799, that’s about N280,000 – N310,000.