In this post, I will be talking about How To Use WhatsApp Payment Feature. Whatsapp has been on a series of transformation since it was acquired by Facebook. The Instant Messaging App now comes with several features like voice call, video all, stories and much more.
And just recently, the company started out a new feature that can allow you send digital payments just the way you are sending a video or even photos to your contact. However, the Whatsapp Pay is now available on both Android and iOS and accessible only in India.
Undertaking a transaction in Whatsapp Pay is through the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) that allows the user to link their bank account and have a separate UPI PIN to initiate the transaction. So, in this post, you would learn how to transact using Whatsapp Payments.
How To Use WhatsApp Payment Transaction Feature
Adding bank accounts for WhatsApp Payments
- Open Whatsapp -> Settings -> Payments
- From the payment page, add your bank account and input your bank details.
- Then, agree to the terms and conditions. Tap Accept and Continue
- Tap the Verify via SMS and follow the process to begin the linking.
- From there, you will see a list of the UPI supported banks. It comes like in this form: the bank name and the last four digits of your bank account.
- If you have several accounts from the same bank, it will reveal multiple options. What this means is that you must choose one that you want to link the app with.
- Once you choose the bank, the app will pop up details and reveal your bank account number.
After you must have done this, it would pop up a message telling you the process is complete.
How to Send Money through Whatsapp payment
Now that you have added your bank account details to the app, here is how to make payments via Whatsapp.
- Open the chat of the WhatsApp contact you want to send money.
- If it is an Android device, tap the Attach (Pin) button. For iPhone, tap on the Plus button.
- And to send money, tap on Payment, and enter the amount you want to send. You are allowed to add a note to the message.
- To confirm the payment option, enter the UPI PIN of the bank account you linked the Whatsapp payment to. WhatsApp live location sharing feature to Android and iOS
- And when the transaction is done, you would see the amount in a message in the conversation page.