How You Can Download or Save WhatsApp Status on Android
In this post, we will be looking at how to download or save WhatsApp status videos on Android easily. WhatsApp was the first app on the Google Play Store to hit the one billion mark and since then the messaging app has received lots of updates. From being just a messaging app to having statuses aka “Stories” which lets you share short clips, GIFs or photos to your contacts.
Just like what we typically see in the modern day of Snapchat and Instagram. But unlike the aforementioned, there’s a way you can manually save or download a status you like easily. Well, you have to do this before it gets deleted automatically after 24 hours. Although this will be done without the contact’s consent because WhatsApp didn’t actually provide an option to download stories.
You might think, what about screenshots? Well, screenshots might make the photo blurry and will obviously not work for GIFs and videos. Here, I will be showing you the easiest method to download WhatsApp stories of your contacts to your Android device’s gallery. Let’s find out how to download or save WhatsApp status on Android easily.
Method 1: How to Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Pictures on Android
• Open WhatsApp.
• Go to the Contact’s status you want to save and watch/view it.
• You can close WhatsApp and open the default File Manager on your Android device.
• Look for “WhatsApp” file and open it.
• Open the Media folder.
• While in the Media folder, tap on the options (typically at the top right corner).
• Select ‘Show Hidden Files’ or any other option that lets you see what is hidden. If your file Manager doesn’t support this download File Explorer to be able to show hidden files.
• After that, you should see a file with ‘.Statuses‘.
• Open it and behold all the WhatsApp status you have viewed that haven’t deleted automatically after 24 hours.
• Now COPY the selected status you want to save.
• Navigate to another folder (preferably the ‘DCIM’ folder).
• PASTE the photo while you’re Inside the DCIM Folder ( You have to open the DCIM Folder and paste it Inside the Folder.
• Go to your device’s gallery to see the status (whether Video, GIFs or photos).
2nd Method – How to Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Pictures on Android
In this second method, there is a Status Saver app developed by Status . The app lets you save WhatsApp status pictures and videos directly to your phone without stress. You can Download the app from Google Play here.
- Once the app is downloaded, go to your status and view status from your contact first to use the app.
- Then, Open the Status Saver app and tap on the status (video or picture) you want to save.
- Tap on the “+” button.
- Tap on the Download icon (arrow facing down) to download. You can also share with friends using the Share button (first icon)
We all know you are concerned about security, we do too. So, if you are thinking if the app saves your personal information or share your data with anyone, the answer is no. Status saver won’t save your Data.
How to Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Pictures on iPhone
if you own an iPhone and you will like to save WhatsApp status videos and pictures on your phone. You will need to have a BuildStore subscription and follow the steps below
- Firstly, uninstall the Original WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Then, proceed to the BuildStore and register your iPhone
- Locate Safari browser and install WhatsApp ++.
- Launch WhatsApp++ and register with a valid phone number.
- Go to WhatsApp stories section.
- Tap on the button in the top right corner to download, select where to save afterwards.
2nd Method – How to Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Pictures on iPhone
You may not have heard about WhatsApp Pocket. It is a data recovery software which lets you save WhatsApp status videos and photos. This app works on desktop and you can download on Windows and Mac. Below is how to get started.
- Download WhatsApp Pocket and Install on your MacBook.
- Run the app and connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer.
- On WhatsApp Pocket, select your device and start the scan. Wait till scan is finished.
- WhatsApp chats will be displayed, including files such as images, videos from your contacts Status updates.
- Click and Preview on the WhatsApp chats, status you want.
- Click on “Export Attachment” button and choose where to save.
These are the simplest methods on how to download or save WhatsApp status on Android. If you have any questions please let us know below.