How to Root OnePlus 6 and Install TWRP Custom Recovery
In this article, you’ll learn how to root OnePlus 6 and Install TWRP Custom Recovery. OnePlus is the company’s latest smartphone, it’s the successor to the OnePlus 5T benchmark killer. If you own a OnePlus 6 and would like to get more from the device by installing a custom recovery, this tutorial is for you.
However, please note that we will not be held responsible if anything should happen to the device when rooting the device. Also make sure you have first-hand knowledge on how to root a device. Rooting a device voids any sort of warranty it comes with and you are doing this at your own risk.
Things To Do Before Rooting OnePlus 6
There are things you need to do before going forward to root the OnePlus 6. Please check below and make sure they are all ticked.
• Make sure the bootloader of your OnePlus 6 has been unlocked
• Make sure you have ADB & fastboot Drivers installed on your PC.
• Battery level should be at 70% or more before beginning the process.
• Backup all your important data on your phone to PC.
• Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in the Developer Options.
• Download this OnePlus 6 Zip File and Extract its contents.
NB: This Zip file contains other files we will be using to carry out this procedure.
How to Root OnePlus 6
Follow these simple steps to root your OnePlus 6 easily.
• Connect your phone to your PC using the USB Cable.
• Move all the extracted files from the OnePlus 6 Zip file to the root directory of your internal storage on your OnePlus 6 (except the op6-twrp.img. Leave the op6-twrp.img on your PC).
• Go to the Folder where the op6-twrp.img is and Right Click on an empty space in the folder.
• Click on “Open Command Window Here” from the Menu.
• Input “Adb reboot bootloader” in the command Window and click on Enter.
• You might receive notification Asking you to allow USB Debugging. Go ahead and select “Ok” to allow it.
• Minimize/Standby the command Window and rename the “op6-twrp.img” to “twrp.img.
• Go back to the Command Window and run the “fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img” and “fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img”.
• Make sure the Installation is completed then boot your device into recovery.
• To do this, Simply Press and Hold the Volume Down Button and Power Button simultaneously.
• Input your PIN or Password if you’re using any before being able to root OnePlus 6 and Install TWRP Custom Recovery.
By default, the language is in Chinese, to Change it to English simply press and Hold the Volume Up button and Power button which will take you to fastboot mode. Navigate to the Recovery Mode with Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and select it with the Power button. You might be asked to input PIN or Password. Do that and Navigate to Settings on the next screen. Select the Globe Icon and choose English. Now TWRP is now in English. Go to “Install” and select the op6-boot.img.
After installing that, go to “Install” again and select op6-TWRP-Working-Installer.zip. After that, do the same for op6-TWRP-Blue-FIX.zip as well. Still, on the TWRP Menu, select “Install” and choose op6-Root.zip. Swipe to confirm Flash and you’re done. After the process is completed. It will automatically reboot, if it doesn’t then reboot it manually.
This is how to root OnePlus 6 and install TWRP Custom Recovery. You can now tweak your OnePlus 6 Smartphone whichever way you want. Any questions? Let us know below.