Do you want to learn how to remove Virus on Android? Then you’re on the right page. In this post, we will be showing you how you can easily remove Virus on Android. When Android device starts misbehaving, it might be because of a Virus. Although viruses are rare, they exist and they can find their way to your Android device.
In 2018, 99% of the way people get viruses on their Android device is by installing apk apps from untrusted websites, instead of the Play Store. One of the best ways to avoid an Android virus is to keep to the secured confines of the Google Play store. However, that alone can not guarantee you a virus-free Android device. There are some things you need to do when you find out your Android device is misbehaving because of an app.
How To Remove Virus On Android
A] Put your phone into Safe mode: This mode helps stop all third party apps from running on your phone. You can then spot and remove any malicious apps on the phone. You can put your phone into safe mode by pressing the power button, you will see a list of menu, then hold the power button once again to locate the option to boot into safe mode.
B] Remove the malicious app’s administrator status. You can do this by heading to your phone setting, then locate security, click on it and locate device administrators. If an app is causing a virus on your phone, you will see the app there and from there you can uninstall the app
C] But what if you don’t know the particular app, or is it even an app? How about performing a factory reset, well you might lose a lot of data if you walk down that lane. Generally, you might want to download an antivirus app from the Play Store. But make sure it has enough downloads and a rating of at least 4.5 stars. Additionally, you can check out tips below on how to avoid Virus on Android.
How To Avoid Android Virus
- Don’t install apps from outside Google Play: Don’t do it, it’s not worth it. Or you can have a separate Android device to do that, without using your main device.
- Make sure the Unknown Sources option is disabled: This is disabled by default, but you can go ahead and check by going to Security in Settings.
- Check app permissions: Before Installing any app, avoid cloned apps and check its permission. Never allow an app device admin permission, which prevents it from being deleted.
- Keep Android up to date: Trying installing whenever a new OS update pops up.
- Install an antivirus app: We talked about this before, but make your research before downloading. There are couples of best Anti-virus apps you can download from Playstore and install on your phone.
This is how to remove Virus on Android, you can also restore factory settings if the virus is still on the device after everything.