If your Samsung Galaxy S9 is SIM locked and you intend to unlock it, this article will guide you. You might not be able to use your phone if is locked, say you intend to travel abroad. Unlocking your SIM is simple to use and the procedures are below.
Why You Should Unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus And S9?
- There are no charges for roaming
You can use a local SIM card and also save some money when you are travelling abroad.
- Helps to swap SIM card in your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus easily
Select the card you want and switch among the different SIM cards within the country.
- Offer higher value of resale
It increases resale for your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus this is due to more of the carriers.
- Unlock your phone permanently
It helps to unlock your device permanently and this is after updating the firmware updates.
Procedures For Unlocking Your Samsung Galaxy S9 And S9 Plus
- Go to codes2unlock.com and supply the details of your phone and then check out the price and availability of your unlock code.
- Input the IMEI of the phone and then securely pay using your PayPal or your Debit. You can dial the code ‘*#06#’ to reveal your IMEI number.
- Unlocking instruction will be sent to the email you provide.
- It is possible that your IMEI number consists of 17 or 15 digits but you will only use 15 digits.
- Choose’Locked (Original) network of your phone
Now proceed with how to unlock your phone
How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus And S9
The following processes apply for any of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus and it excludes that of Metro PCs/T-Mobile USA. You will have to get a code and that is in exception of T-Mobile.
- Put the SIM card not yet under acceptance and then power it on
- The phone tells you to input ‘SIM Network Unlock Pin’
- Input that unlock code of the network and then click ‘Enter’ or ‘OK’
- Your phone unlocks and you can use it
Check for a display like ‘phone freeze’ notification during this process and the meaning is that the device is on ‘freeze mode’. Now input the ‘Defreeze code’ and then enter the ‘network unlock code’.
How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 And S9 Plus [ MetroPCs/T-Mobile]
Now if you are using Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus from MetroPCs/T-Mobile then follow the method below. When you obtain the unlock confirmation, you now unlock email and follow these steps.
a) Get a WiFi connection and then power your phone and this is with the SIM card that is not accepted.
b) Find out and then open the MetroPCs/T-Mobile application for unlocking.
c) Choose and fold on the option for unlocking.
d) That is it and you can go ahead with your device.
Ensure that your device has data and that your device possess stock ROM that is original.
You can unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus using the above guide. However if your device is that of T-Mobile or MetroPCs, the guide is also above. Don’t forget to share your opinions with us.