How to Use Google Docs, Sheets & Slides Offline
In this post, we will be looking at how to use Google Docs, Sheets & Slides offline without access to the internet. You should be able to make use of these services without an internet connection after going through this post.
But before we proceed, you are advised to download Google Chrome if you don’t have it as that’s what we will be using to make this possible. Overall, working offline in Google’s productivity apps is easy, but you have to follow the steps below and set it up in advance.
Without further ado, let’s see how to use Google Docs, Sheets & Slides offline.
Before we dive properly into the topic, it is advisable you first set up Google drive offline and like I said, you will have to install Google Chrome first in case you don’t have it yet.
Set Up Google Drive Offline
1. Install Chrome. Download the set up for your laptop computers and install it
2. Sign into Chrome. After successful installation, create and Google Chrome account and sign in
3. Download Google apps to your Phone. Before you can edit Google documents, spreadsheets, and slides offline on your phone, you will need to install all Google apps. Go ahead and install all.
4. Sign into Google. After you have carried out the above steps, you will need to Sign into your Google account in order to enable automatic offline access for Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
How To Use Google Docs Sheets & Slides Offline
Follow these simple steps to use the apps offline.
- Launch Google Docs, Google Sheets or Google Slides
- Click on the three vertical lines at the top left.
- Select Settings
- Toggle on ‘Offline’
- Then confirm
See screenshots for Guide
This should turn on Offline mode for the app and all Google productivity apps allowing you to work offline. If you have enough cloud storage, some files will automatically be saved offline as well.
You can also make sure that the file you want to work on is available online by clicking on the three dots next to that file and slide on the toggle for ‘Available online’. Google will automatically sync any changes whenever you gain access to the internet while letting you work and save offline.
This is how to use Google Docs, Sheets & Slides offline easily. You can now use these services offline. Did it work for you? Let us know below.