In this post, we will be learning how to install Android 9.0 Pie Beta on Google Pixel or Pixel 2 devices easily. The Android 9.0 Pie Beta made its debut earlier this year and we got to see almost all of its features. Especially the iPhone X-like gestures and improved security features. We reported earlier that Google has officially rolled out the new operating system called Android 9.0 Pie.
However, it’s probably still in available and owners of Google Pixel or Pixel 2 might have seen the update. If you didn’t, then you need to sign up for the Android Beta program. After installing the Beta mode, you should get about three to six OTA updates and of course the final OTA update for the stable version.
You should know that not all Android device can install the Android 9.0 Beta. Below are the compatible devices that can run the new operating system for now.
List of Smartphones that supports Android 9.0 Pie Beta
• Google Pixel 2
• Google Pixel 2 XL
• Google Pixel
• Google Pixel XL
• Essential Phone
• Nokia 7 Plus
• Oppo R15 Pro
• Sony Xperia XZ2
• Vivo X21UD
• Vivo X21
• Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Things To Know Before Installing Android 9.0 Pie Beta
There are some things you need to know before you think of Installing the new operating system. You should know that the beta update will come as an OTA, and will have some restrictions. If your phone has been rooted or modified either through custom kernel or recovery, don’t even bother Installing. You will not be able to apply Android beta updates. Furthermore, you won’t be receiving monthly security updates while on a beta build. If you can go through the hassle of running on a software that’s still a work in progress then you will automatically be updated to the official final version of Android 9.0 once it’s released.
How To Install Android 9.0 Pie Beta on Google Pixel or Pixel 2 devices
• Sign Up for the Android Pie Beta Program, you can do that by going to this link below google.com/android/beta
• Use your Google account and password to sign up.
• After being verified, you should be able to see the list of all the beta-eligible devices.
• Click the “+ Opt in” button on your device, then tick the box next to “I agree to the terms of the beta program,” and confirm with “Join beta”.
• You will get an update to Android Pie Beta. Go ahead and download then install. You will be on the Android Pie Beta.
If you didn’t get the update immediately, you should allow up to 24 hours to receive it.
How To Opt Out Of Android 9.0 Pie Beta on Google Pixel or Pixel 2
You can opt-out from the Beta program and go back to Oreo. However, doing this will cost you lost of data. You are advised to back up the ones you can.
• Go to the Android Beta program link above.
• Select “Opt-out,” and “Leave beta.”
• You should receive an update that puts you back in Oreo.
This is how to install Android 9.0 Pie Beta on Google Pixel or Pixel 2 devices easily. Did it work for you? Let us know below.