How to Delete Your Facebook Account
You need to follow these steps to learn how to completely delete Facebook account easily. Facebook is one of the best platforms to meet old school mates and friends and chat up about the times you spent together. However, a lot of people might not be feeling secured using Facebook. So yes, you can delete your Facebook account or page by following the steps below and walk off the platform permanently.
With the whole saga with Cambridge Analytica it isn’t surprising people are deleting Facebook to avoid their data getting misused. Over 50 million Facebook profiles were exploited with their data sold to Cambridge Analytica. So it’s pretty normal if you want to delete your Facebook account and keep your data off the Internet.
However, Facebook still remains one of the most popular communication tools in the world. Deleting it might cause you to completely shut down communication with your family, friends and network. There are WhatsApp and Instagram, but Facebook also owns those platforms. So if you don’t trust Facebook enough to delete it, you might also wish to delete all three. You should also know that Facebook is not the only online company that collects your data. There are a couple of them, so far you even surf online.
How To Temporarily Delete Facebook Account
If you just want to be off for the main time then follow these steps. To disable your account without losing any of your data like contacts and photos.
- Log into Facebook in your browser
- Tap the down arrow at the top right of the page and choose “Settings” You can access Setting Here [ https://www.facebook.com/settings ]
- Click Edit next to ‘Manage account’
- Click ‘Deactivate your account’ at the bottom of the page
- You’ll be prompted to enter your Facebook password
- Give a reason for leaving, tick the Email Opt-out button, Click Deactivate.
You can always re-enable your account at any point by signing into Facebook
How To Permanently Delete Facebook Account
Please note that this cannot be undone.
- Log on to Facebook
- Click the Delete Account page in your web browser
- Click ‘Delete my account’
This is how to delete Facebook account, this is ideal whenever you want some privacy or don’t want to use the platform till further notice.