Learn how to Sign Out of Google account easily. As a Smartphone owner, you are surely going to want to sign in with a functional Google account. Either for receiving messages or for tracking important things, you would definitely not want to be left out of the rave of having Gmail. Apparently, it would seem quite awkward if you don’t have a Google account.
However, as things may seem, you are likely to have more than one account as Google permits it and thus they might log-in your phone. But on the off chance that you aren’t the only using the phone or you don’t enjoy all through privacy, you may need to log out of your device to secure yourself from unnecessary vices. As simple as it may sound, it might not be for some people who see it logging out emails as a herculean task.
Generally, most Smartphones come with a Gmail automatically installed which makes it easier to access your account an also link it with other phone features on cloud back up and some other Google Apps, like Google Drive, Maps and Play Store as well YouTube. Should you want to sign out of your Google account, outlined below are the procedures to do so.
Steps to Sign Out of Google Account on Android
Following the steps below, you can confidently sign out of your Google account with ease
- Open or tap your device Settings.
- Scroll down to “Accounts” or “Accounts and Sync”.
- On newly Android devices, search for “Cloud and accounts> Accounts” or “Users and accounts” usually in the phone’s settings.
- Tap on “Google” (or any related account. you want to sign out from) and sign out.
How to Sign out on Android Oreo devices
In the case that your device runs on Android Oreo, tap on the account you wish to remove from the Smartphone.
On the next screen, tap on the 3-dot menu icon or “More” option (for Samsung devices) that will present at the top-right corner of the screen. And then select “Remove” or “Remove account” option as the case may be.
For new devices, the “Remove Account” option usually pops up after selecting the account to remove.
All you need to do is to just tap the option once and you’ll be successfully remove or sign out of your Google account on your Android phone device.
How to sign out of Google Account from damaged or stolen devices.
On the off chance that your device got stolen or damaged, then you might likely adhere to using the removal method. You can as well do this in just a few simple steps:
- Go to “myaccount.google.com“.
- Click or tap on “Device activity & security events”. Then you’ll find this option under Sign-in & security.
- Click on “Review Devices” in this place, you will be able to see all the devices you’re signed into (not excluding the one that you are using now).
- Finally, click on any of the devices that you wish to sign out from, and as well click “Remove” account access. This will effectively sign you out without any delay or compromise.
- From the screen, you move on to the Step 4.
From this point, you will be able to track the location of your Android device, showing when the device was last used as well. However, it is advisable that you keep this very confidential. Be that as it may, it is greatly recommended to utilize the “My account” step if you’re accessing your mail from other devices. This will enable you to stay discrete enough and not affect the other person’s account.
Hence, these are the two simple ways to sign out of Google account from any Android device, which is either directly from your phone or from another device. Also there is another way through which you can log out your Google accounts from any device but that would be through the use of the “Android Device Manager”, but this method is not listed in this tutorial as the results aren’t very reliable thus leading to getting inaccurate results of location and as well “last used” results for other Android device users, and also suggesting Antarctica at some point.