How To Reset Passcode On iPhone Xs, Xs Max And XR
Have you forgotten your iPhone XS, XS Max or iPhone XR Passcode or password? Then, this post on how to reset passcode on iPhone XS is for you. The good news is that you can reset your iPhone XS, SX Max and XR Passcode easily. However, there is a “CAVEAT” you’ll lose all the files on your iPhone after resetting your password.
It is always advisable to make a recent Backup of your device to prevent losing your important files. If you are ready to reset your iPhone XS, XS Max and XR password, follow the processes below to get started.
There are three methods you can use to reset your iPhone XS password, you can use iCloud, iTunes and the recovery method. You can choose any method you like to reset your iPhone Password.
Let’s get started
How To Reset Passcode On iPhone Xs, Xs Max And iPhone Xr Using ICloud
- The first method will be discussing here is via iCloud. You can use iCloud to enable erase or wipe everything on your device. To get started with this method, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, Make sure your locked iPhone is connected to the internet to enable the command.
- Then Visit the iCloud website here [https://www.icloud.com/find]
- login to your Apple account with your Apple ID and Password.
- Scroll down to All Devices Option at the top of the screen,
- Select a device you would like to erase and click on Erase.
- Wait for the process to complete. You will be presented with two options afterwards – Setup as new or Restore from backup. Choose applicable one.
How To Reset Passcode On iPhone Xs, Xs Max And iPhone Xr Using iTunes
The second method to reset your iPhone XS Passcode is via iTunes and you will be needing a PC with iTunes Installed and a lightning cable to connect your iPhone device to the PC. Once these requirements are met you can now start the process of resetting your iPhone XS Max Passcode using iTunes.
- Pick up your iPhone and connect it to your PC via USB.
- Locate iTunes and open it on your PC. You will need to enter the passcode if asked in order to sync your device. After this has been done, the backup process should begin immediately.
- Once the process is complete, Tap on Restore.
- Finally, select your device and choose the most recent Backup.
Interesting posts on iPhone
How To Reset Password On iPhone Xs, Xs Max And iPhone Xr Using Recovery Mode
In case you’ve never synced your iPhone with iTunes before, then you can use the recovery mode to restore your device. Like I said earlier, it will erase your device and the stored passcode.
- To get started, connect your iPhone XS or XS Max to your computer as the case may be and open iTunes
- While your device is connected, force restart it by Pressing and quickly releasing the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
- The software for your device will be downloaded by iTunes. Note that If the process takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you’ll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.
There you have it guys the three simple methods to reset Passcode on iPhone Xs, Xs Max or even the iPhone Xr. Lemme know in the comment below which of these methods work for you.
Image credit via