TECNO Camon i2X Launched in India With a Notch Display
It’s like we are in the Notch era as many OEMs are jumping on the Notch trend. In India TECNO Mobile, one of Africa’s leading mobile brands has unveiled its first Smartphones with notch screen. Interestingly, three devices were unveiled and they are the Camon iAir 2, Camon i2 and the Camon i2X.
The TECNO Camon i2X is the most premium of the three devices. It boasts a massive 6.2-inch super view display with a notch at the front. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with TECNO’s latest HiOS 4.1 interphase. Let’s see the rest of the specs below.
TECNO Camon i2X Key Specs
・6.2-inch HD+ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1500 pixels
・Android 8.1 Oreo with 4GB RAM
・Octa-core Mediatek M6762 (Helio P22)
・64GB built-in storage
・13MP + 5MP rear camera and 16MP front camera
・3750mAh non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design And Display
The Camon i2X is one of the first smartphones from TECNO with a Notch for the India Market. Design-wise it looks like most of the smartphones we’ve seen from the Camon series. It made from a polycarbonate plastic material which makes it very light weight and easy to hold.
The fingerprint scanner is in its usual position, while the dual rear shooters sit comfortably at the top left corner. It measures 8.5mm in thickness as well. TECNO Camon i2X sports a fuller 19:9 aspect ratio screen and the top and bottom bezels are now slimmer compared to other Camon devices.
The front is built around a 6.2-inch HD+ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, this boasts of 720 x 1500 pixels in resolution for clear visuals. It stretches up to 80.16% screen-to-body ratio.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood, the Camon 12X is powered by the MediaTek M6762 (Helio P22). It is an Octo-core processor built on the 12nm FinFET node. This is backed by the new IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU running up to a speedy 650MHz, and powerful octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU operating up to 2.0GHz.
It comes loaded with 4GB of RAM for multitasking. In the storage department, there’s a 32GB inbuilt storage which can be upgraded up to 128GB using a memory card. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with HiOS 4.1
Camera, Network And Connectivity
It’s equipped with dual 13MP + 5MP shooter at the rear, this supports Portrait Mode and lets you take photographs with Bokeh Effect. The main 13-megapixel comes with f/1.8 aperture while the secondary 5-megapixel has f/2.4 with a quad LED flash. The 16MP selfie camera has AI Beauty Mode, supports Face ID, dedicated flash and f/2.0 aperture lens.
The TECNO Camon i2X supports 4G LTE connectivity and accommodates dual Nano SIMs. It also has support for Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm jack, USB port, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Hotspot and A-GPS, GLONASS.
TECNO Camon i2X Price and Availability
The TECNO Camon i2X price in India is about Rs 12,499. That is about $127 or NGN62,000 in Nigeria. The device will only be available in India
TECNO Camon i2X Full Specs
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2300) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM, Nano-SIM
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0
Design and Display
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: N/A
- Display: 6.2-inch, 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Plastic
- Colours: Aqua Blue, Midnight Black, and Champagne Gold.
Hardware and Software
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Mediatek M6762 (Helio P22)
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali G71 MP2
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with HiOS 4.1
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 5MP dual rear cameras, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing Camera: 16 megapixels, flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Charging: MediaTek Pump Express (fast battery charging)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3750mAh
- Announced: September 2018
- Availability: September 2018