TECNO Camon iAir 2+ Full Specs Review and Price
TECNO Camon iAir 2 plus is another Notched Screen smartphone from TECNO for the Indian market. The Tecno Camon iAir 2+ is powered by the MediaTek Helio A22 MT6765 chipset which is paired with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage.
The device shares almost the same specs with Camon i2 except that it has an 8MP front-facing camera and 2GB of RAM compared to the 16MP front camera and 3GB of RAM on the Camon i2. Everything other things remain the same.
Of course, you still get a 6.2-inch display with a Notch. It boasts a Full view display with taller 19:9 aspect ratio at the. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with TECNO’s latest HiOS 4.1 interphase. Let’s see the rest of the specs below.
TECNO Camon iAir 2 Plus Key Specs
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 processor
- IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU with 2GB RAM
- 6.2-inch display with an HD+ resolution of 1520 x 720 pixels; 2.5D curved glass display; 19:9 aspect ratio
- 32GB internal storage; Expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD card
- HiOS based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dual SIM nano + nano / nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with quad-LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3750mAh battery
Design And Display
Design-wise it shares the same design language with Camon i2 we reviewed earlier. It is made from a polycarbonate plastic material which makes it very lightweight and easy to hold as well
The fingerprint scanner is in its usual position, while the dual rear shooters sit comfortably at the top left corner. It measures 156.6 x 76 x 7.9 mm in dimension. TECNO Camon iAir 2 Plus sports a fuller 19:9 aspect ratio screen and the top and bottom bezels are now slimmer compared to other Camon devices.
The front is built around a 6.2-inch HD+ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, this boasts of 720 x 1520 pixels in resolution for clear visuals. It stretches up to 88.16% screen-to-body ratio.
Hardware and Software
The Camon iAir 2+ is powered by the MediaTek Helio A22. It is a quad-core processor built on the 12nm FinFET node. This is backed by the new IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU with Cortex-A53 CPU operating up to 2.0GHz.
It comes loaded with 2GB of RAM for multitasking. In the storage department, there’s a 32GB inbuilt storage which can be upgraded up to 128GB using a memory card. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with HiOS 4.1
Camera, Network And Connectivity
It’s equipped with dual 13MP + 2MP shooter at the rear, this supports Portrait Mode and lets you take photographs with Bokeh Effect. The main 13-megapixel comes with f/1.8 aperture while the secondary 2-megapixel has f/2.4 with a quad LED flash. The 8MP selfie camera has AI Beauty Mode, supports Face ID, dedicated flash and f/2.0 aperture lens.
The TECNO Camon iAir 2 Plus supports 4G LTE connectivity and accommodates dual Nano SIMs. It also has support for Bluetooth 4.2, 3.5mm jack, USB port, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Hotspot and A-GPS, GLONASS.
TECNO Camon iAir 2 Plus Price and Availability
The TECNO Camon iAir 2+ price in India is about Rs. 10,499. The device will only be available in India
TECNO Camon iAir 2 Plus Full Specs
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2300) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM, Nano-SIM
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0
Design and Display
- Dimensions: 156.6 x 76 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: N/A
- Display: 6.2-inch, 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Plastic
- Colours: Aqua Blue, Midnight Black, and ice blue.
Hardware and Software
- Processor Type: 64-bit Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek Helio A22 processor
- Graphics Processor: IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with HiOS 4.1
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 2MP dual rear cameras, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Charging: MediaTek Pump Express (fast battery charging)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3750mAh
- Announced: September 2018
- Availability: September 2018