After series of leaks and rumours, the UMIDIGI A3 has finally been unveiled. The device features a 5.5-inch screen with an 18:9 full-screen display, full-metal unibody frame and double-sided 2.5D curved glass design, face unlock and advanced dual camera system. It costs just $99.
Umidigi A3 Key Specs and Features
- Screen: 5.5’’ HD+ TDDI Incell
- CPU: MediaTek M6739 at 1.5GHz
- GPU: IMG 8XE [email protected] 570MHz
- 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM
- Rear camera: 12MP+5MP, OV12870, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12 μm pixels, 1/2.8” optical sensor size
- Front camera: 8MP, OV8856, f/2.0 aperture
- support 4G VoLTE in both slots simultaneously.
- Battery: 3300mAh
UMIDIGI A3 Design and Display
According to UMIDIGI, the UMIDIGI A3 is the king of budget phones, designed with a premium metallic material powerful enough for daily use.
The device equally supports face unlock making it more convenient to unlock it. The new UMIDIGI A3 has a groundbreaking full-metal unibody frame and 2.5D curved glass on both sides of the phone that is the first time applied for a budget phone around $80 price tag. It is available in gold and space grey colours.
UMIDIGI A3 Camera
The smartphone comes with a faster and improved dual camera system that offers better photo and video quality than ever before. It is the company’s first triple slots smartphone, which supports dual 4G VoLTE SIMs and a slot for SD card.
Camera-wise, UMIDIGI A3 features a 12-megapixel f/2.0 aperture, 1.12 μm pixels, 1/2.8’’ large optical sensor size with an OV12870 sensor. There is a secondary 5-megapixel camera for creating a beautiful bokeh effect. Up front, it has an 8-megapixel camera that supports face unlock feature while providing high-resolution beautiful selfies.
UMIDIGI A3 Software and Hardware
Internally, it is powered by the MediaTek M6739 Quad-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz. It is aided with IMG 8XE [email protected] 570MHz GPU, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. You can expand the storage further to 128GB via a MicroSD. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. Sensors on the phone include gravity sensors, proximity, light sensor, fingerprint scanner. Connectivity options are Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, OTG, 4G, FM Radio etc.
UMIDIGI A3 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: TDD-LTE 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/19/20/38/40/41
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM, Nano-SIM
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0
Design and Display
- Dimensions: 147.2 mm * 70.2 mm * 8.5 mm
- Weight: 186g
- Display: 5.5-inch, 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Metal
- Colours: Space grey and Gold
Hardware and Software
- Processor Type: 64-bit Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek M6739
- Graphics Processor: IMG 8XE [email protected] 570MHz
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera: 12MP + 5MP dual rear cameras, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Charging: MediaTek Pump Express (fast battery charging)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3300mAh
- Announced: September 2018
- Price: $99