One of the smartphone manufacturers in China, Elephone will be launching a new phone into the market which will be known as Elephone A6. The Elephone shares the same design with the Elephone A5 which are billed to be revealed this October during the Hong Kong Global Resources Mobile Electronics Exhibition
From the official render we got, the device will be modelled along the Huawei P20 Pro. It will, however, come with a waterdrop notched display, triple rear cameras, and a beautiful gradient looking design similar to that of the Elephone A5.
According to Elephone, the Elephone A6 will feature a 6.18-inch full-View waterdrop notch, 19.5:9 aspect ratio with up to an incredible 90.8% screen-to-body-ratio. The screen resolution will be pegged at FHD+
Internally, Elephone A6 will be powered by the MediaTek’s Helio P60 processor. An Octa-core processor built using 12nm technology with incredible energy efficiency, longer battery life and optimized for today’s most demanding applications. The chipset which is clocked at a speed of 2.0GHz has four Arm Cortex-A73 with 2.0 GHz and four Arm Cortex-A53 with 2.0GHz as well. It is paired with Arm Mali-G72 MP3 GPU at 800MHz.
The Elephone A6 will boast 6GB of RAM and up to 128GB of storage which can further be expanded to 256GB. It will run on Android 8.1 Oreo.
In terms of Camera, it will arrive with a triple Camera configuration at the back, which Elephone hasn’t revealed yet.
Elephone A6 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2300) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM, Nano-SIM
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0
Design and Display
- Dimensions: N/A
- Weight: N/A
- Display: 6.2-inch, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, AMOLED display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Metal
- Colours: Blue, Midnight Black, and ice blue.
Hardware and Software
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor MediaTek Helio P60
- Graphics Processor: Arm Mali-G72 MP3 GPU at 800MHz GPU
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: Triple rear cameras, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing Camera: 16MP dual front camera with flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000mAh
- Announced: Coming Soon
- Availability: Coming Soon
Elephone A6 Price and Availability
Elephone A6 is expected to be revealed officially at the Hong Kong Global Resources Mobile Electronics Exhibition (Asia World Expo) which is scheduled to hold between October 18 and October 21. Other Elephone phones that will be unveiled are the Elephone PX with a dual pop-up camera, the Elephone Soldier rugged smartphone with an IP68 rating and a 5000mAh battery, the Elephone A5, as well as Elephone U2.