LG V40 ThinQ Goes Official with Five Cameras
The LG V40 ThinQ has been launched with five cameras. The device ships with an ultra-wide-angle camera and ability to zoom in extensively. Out of the five cameras, three are located at the back and two at the front. The rear camera comprises of a 16MP 107° ultra wide lens, 12MP 78° main lens and 12MP 45° telephoto lens. The LG V40 ThinQ is capable of covering 3x worth of optical zoom (the lenses are 16-25-50mm in 35mm equivalent) and is optically stabilized which is expected of a worthy flagship in 2018 anyway.
Interestingly, all the three rear cameras come with digital image stabilization for video along with HDR recording. It can shoot video in 4K at 60fps and there’s a 1080p at 240fps mode for cool slow-mo shots as well. You can take a picture with all three cameras at the same time using the Triple Shot feature.
At the front, it is blessed with a dual selfie camera comprising of 8MP (f/1.9, 80°) plus 5MP (f/2.4).
In the display end, the LG V40 ThinQ is built around a 6.4” FullVision display which is a QHD+ OLED panel with HDR10 support and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. As expected, it comes with a notch.
The LG V40 ThinQ is built using a metallic design and is IP68 and MIL-STD-810G certified. It measures 158.8 x 75.7 x 7.6 mm in dimension and weighs about 169g which is lighter than the Galaxy Note9 and iPhone XS Max.
It has a 3.5mm audio jack where you will insert your headphones, there is a 32-bit QuadDAC that helps to improve audio quality when playing music through headphones. There is a BoomBox speaker in case you will like to play your music without headphones. It is available in Aurora Black (polished finish) and Moroccan Blue (sandblasted) colours.
Internally, it is powered by the Snapdragon 845 chipset paired with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, which you can still expand further via a MicroSD card. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo with LG’s custom launcher on top
The battery capacity is pegged at 3,300mAh and supports fast QuickCharge 3.0 and fast wireless charging which is a first for LG.
The device will be available from October 18 with a starting price of $900.
LG V40 ThinQ Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G LTE bands: Global bands
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM, Nano-SIM
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: micro USB v2.0
Design and Display
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 75.7 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 146g
- Display: 6.4-inch, 1440 x 3120 pixels pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, AMOLED display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Metal
- Colours: Aurora Black (polished finish) and Moroccan Blue (sandblasted) colours.
Hardware and Software
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8 GHz
- Processor Snapdragon 845 chipset
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 640 GPU
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 12MP +16MP+ 12MP Triple cameras, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: [email protected] 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing Camera: 8MP +5MP dual front camera with flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: Dolby Atmos stereo technology
- Loudspeaker: BoomBox speaker
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3300mAh
- Announced: September