Sharp Aquos Zero announced as First Sharp device with an OLED Display
Sharp has just announced the Sharp Aquos Zero as its first OLED display smartphone. The Aquos Zero comes with flagship specs and a notch display as well. It has a stunning design and according to Sharp, it is the world’s lightest OLED flagship, weighing just 146g.
Internally, the Aquos Zero is blessed with a stunning 6.2-inch notch display having a resolution of 2992 x 1440 pixels. It uses the 18.7:9 aspect ratio and comes with a 100% DCI-P3 wide colour gamut and HDR support. Powering the device is the capable Snapdragon 845 chipset paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
On the camera side of thing, the Sharp Aquos Zero features a humongous 22.6MP rear shooter while at the front, it has an 8MP camera for selfies.
Other specs of the phone include a fingerprint sensor at the back, 3130mAh battery and Android 9.0 Pie OS out. Interestingly, the Aquos Zero comes with an IP68 level water and dust resistance and is equipped with Dolby Vision image display and Dolby Atmos stereo technology.
Sharp Aquos Zero Price and Availability
Sharp is yet to reveal the retail price of the device. However, the model will be available for sale in Japan in the winter of this year 2018.
Sharp Aquos Zero Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G LTE bands: Global bands
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM, Nano-SIM
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0
Design and Display
- Dimensions: N/A
- Weight: 146g
- Display: 6.2-inch, 2992 x 1440 pixels, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, OLED display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Metal
- Colours: Blue, Midnight Black, and ice blue.
Hardware and Software
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8 GHz
- Processor Snapdragon 845 chipset
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 640 GPU
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: T22.6MP camera, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: [email protected] 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing Camera: 8MP dual front camera with flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: Dolby Atmos stereo technology
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3130mAh
- Announced: September
- Availability: Coming Soon