TECNO, Infinix and iTel Smartphone Market Share Reaches Its Highest Ever in Nigeria in 3Q 2018

Transsion

The quarterly result for the research carried out by counterpoint is out and it seems to be looking good for transsion Group, the parent company of three of the major smartphone makers in Nigeria – Tecno, Infinix and Itel. According to the research carried out by counterpoint, transsion Group’s smart phones which include smart phones from Itel, Tecno and Infinix combined, recorded its highest share ever in a single quarter with a 17% QoQ growth, thanks to its wide range and portfolio of affordable smart phones.

Tecno holds 22% of the market share while Itel and Infinix holds 11% and 8% respectively bringing the total market share of the Transsion Group smart phones to 41%. Out of the remaining 59%, Samsung holds 26%, Huawei holds 4% and other smartphone makers hold the remaining 29%. The smartphone market holds 55% of the total mobile phone market in Q3, up from 51% in Q2 with the remaining 45% being held by feature phones, down from the 49% in Q2.

The feature phone segment is dominated by Transsion Group with Tecno and Itel holding 39% and 38% of the market share and 77% altogether. HMD’s Nokia holds 7%, Bontel holds 6% and Samsung holds 5%, leaving the remaining 5% for other smartphones. Overall, the mobile phone market saw an 8% increases thanks to the new Smartphone launches as well as the growing numbers of smartphone users.

Source Via

Posted by David

Mobile Gamer || TechLover || Android Soldier || Phone Geek || Future PC Gamer ||Facebook || Twitter

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *