If you would like to disable screen time on iPhone or iPad then you’re definitely in the right spot. Screen time is a fairly new feature on the latest version of iOS – iOS 12 – which allows users of an iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 to manage how they use their device. Screen time on iOS 12 is similar to Android’s Digital Wellbeing App on Android 9.0 Pie. Screen time allows you see how much time you spend on different apps you have Installed on your iOS device, how many time you’ve picked up your device within a particular time frame and the ability to set restrictions and limit certain apps among others things.
This feature was added for those that are somewhat addicted to their smartphone and would like limit the amount of time they spend using certain apps. Some people can also use it limit their child’s usage of certain apps on their child’s iOS device but they probably will deactivate it if they get their hands on it, that is of course, if they know how to go about. Anyway, the feature is available for any iOS device running iOS 12. However, not everyone is a fan of this new feature and would like to turn it off or disable it.
If you don’t like or want the feature and would like to disable (which will save your battery) then you can simply follow the outlined steps below.
How to Disable Screen Time on iPhone or iPad
- Get hold of your iPhone or iPad and Access the Settings Menu by Clicking on the Settings App.
- Click on ‘Screen Time’ which is located under the ‘Do Not Disturb’ option.
- Once you get to the Screen Time Menu, Scroll down to the bottom where you will see the option to ‘Turn Off Screen Time’ Written in Red, Click on it.
- Next, you’ll see a notice saying that you will no longer be able to use the features of Screen Time with two options to choose from; Turn Off screen time or Cancel.
- Select Turn of Screen Time and that’s it. Screen Time if Off.
Now, you’ll no longer be able to see app usage statistics or limit/restrict app usage on your iOS device. If you later change your mind in the future and want to make use of the screen time feature, it’s pretty easy. Simply Open the Settings Menu >> Screen Time >> Scroll Down and Click on Turn on Screen Time and you’re good to go.
The feature is pretty easy to use and comes in handy to limit the overuse of some apps and smartphone in general. Lets say you want to play a game like PUBG for just an hour, which we will all know can get someone carried away while playing, you can set the limit for an hour daily and when it reaches that time, you’ll get a notification to quit the app. You can also do that for other social networking apps like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc if that is what eats up your time and you would like to reduce it.