In this tutorial, we will be teaching you how to make a Memoji on iPhone and also use it to create fun videos but first,
What is Memoji?
Memoji is a feature on all iPhone messages with the TrueDepth camera system running on iOS 12 (like the iPhone X, iPhone Xs, Xs Max and XR) which allows users to create their own emoji, which may or may not look like them, while also allowing the created Emoji to mimic their facial expressions in real time. In a nutshell, Memoji allows you to create and control your own Emoji. This is not to be confused with animoji which just allows you to control the already existing Emojis but allows you to create a new one to control, from start to finish.
You can chooses the colour of the eyes, type of eyebrows, hair type and lots more to get the exact look you’re going for. So basically, you can call the Memoji an Animoji 2.0 (if that makes any sense). Now that we know what Memoji is, lets go ahead and make one on your iPhone.
How to Make a Memoji on iPhone easily
To make memoji on iPhone, follow the simple steps below
- On your iPhone, Open the Messages App.
- Next, Pull up the keyboard in a conversation thread then click on the app store icon besides the camera icon on top of the keyboard.
- Next, Click on the Monkey Icon from the list of icons under the App store Icon you just Clicked.
- This is where the journey start. You’ll be showing some available Emojis/Characters, Scroll through those ones till you get to the end where you’ll see “New Emoji” and Click on It.
- Once you Click on “New Emoji” you’ll be taken to the Memoji Creator/Builder where you can start piecing your Emoji/Character together.
- When you get to the Emoji Creator/Builder, Feel free to play around with the available options to get your desired look on the Emoji/Character. This process is a lot easier and fun to do than you think.
- Once you’re done creating your Emoji, Click on ‘Done’ and your newly created Emoji will be added to your Emoji Drawer or list of available Emojis.
- You can Open your Messages, Pull up Keyboard, Click on App Store Icon, Click On the Monkey Icon, Select the newly created Emoji and Send.
How To Record A Video With Your Newly Created Emoji
Now that your Emoji/Character has been created, you can now create a video with that Emoji/Character or any other Emoji you have or created before. Let’s begin.
- As usual, Access your message App and Pull a conversation.
- Pull Up the Keyboard and Click on the App Store Icon.
- Next, Click on the Monkey Icon and Scroll to your preferred Emoji.
- Once you have the Emoji on screen, Hit the Red Record Button at the bottom right corner to start recording.
- The Emoji will start mimicking your facial expressions. Be sure to keep the phone pointed to your face to capture your facial expressions as you make them.
- You can also do other stuffs to the video, like add effects and all, After which you will be able to send it.
Explained above are the simple steps to make a Memoji on iPhone. The Emoji and Emoji Videos you created can also be saved and uploaded/posted to other social networking sites like Instagram,