This post contains simple guide to set up and use your iPhone as an Apple TV remote. Not a lot of people know this but you can setup and use your iPad or iPhone as an Apple TV Remote. This comes very handy for those times you misplace your Siri Remote or those times your Siri TV remote gets damaged. You can also use it as an alternative for those times you might not be able to reach your site remote and would like to low your Apple TV remote or do something. You can simply do that with your iPhone or iPad which is already in your hands than stand up to go pick the remote.
To do this, we’ll need an app called the Apple TV Remote which was built by Apple for this purpose. The App can be downloaded on the Apple app store for free and when downloaded, acts like an actual Siri Remote for your Apple TV with on screen buttons just the buttons on the Siri Remote. We will be walking you through the process involved in getting the Apple TV Remote app up and running on your iPhone or iPhone.
How To Use Your iPhone As An Apple TV Remote
- Obviously, you’ll need the Apple TV remote app which can be downloaded from the Apple App Store so simply head to the store, search for “Apple TV Remote” and download/Install the app when it shows up.
- Next, You’ll need to make sure that both the Apple TV you’ll like to control and your iPhone or iPad on which you downloaded the Apple TV remote app on are both connected to the same WiFi network. If not, do that.
- Now, Turn on your Apple TV then Open the Apple TV Remote App on your iPhone or iPad. If both devices are actually connected to the same WiFi network, the Apple TV remote app will automatically pick up the connected Apple TV.
- Click on the Apple TV available and you’ll be asked to input a four digit code. The code will be showed on your Apple TV screen. Input the code in the app on your iPhone or iPhone and you’ve successfully paired the two.
- From here, you’ll be able to Control your Apple TV with your iPhone or iPad as you would with your Siri remote. You can also pull up Siri on the app by pressing the Mic button at the bottom right corner of the app.
After pairing your iPhone or iPad with your Apple TV, you’ll be to use your iPhone or iPad to control your TV. However, To access the Apple TV remote App on your iPhone or iPad you’ll have to go through the control center as it won’t show as an app on your home screen. You can do this by swiping up on iOS 11 or below/swiping down from the top right side on iOS 12 and Clicking on the Apple TV Logo. That’s it, you pretty much have the Siri remote in your hands.
If you run into any troubles settings yours up, be sure to leave a comment Down Below with what error you’re getting or which stage you’re stuck on.