This is a complete guide on how to order on Aliexpress to Nigeria. Buying kinds of stuff over the internet can be pretty intimidating, especially if you’re buying from an international website and it is your first time. However, there is usually nothing to be afraid about and if you’ve used Local e-commerce websites like Jumia and Konga in the past then using AliExpress shouldn’t be that hard and will come naturally. In this guide, we will be walking you through the process of shopping on AliExpress and have your item(s) shipped down to you but first, Let’s find out what AliExpress is.
What is AliExpress?
AliExpress, as you may or may not know, is an online retail service based in China and owned by Alibaba. The online retail service has a lot of sellers who offer products to the international online buyers. To be clear, AliExpress does not sell anything; it just enables small business (Sellers) to reach a wider International audience (Buyers). Now that we have an idea of what AliExpress is, Let’s go ahead to point.
How To Order On AliExpress To Nigeria
- First things first, you’ll need to look for the means suitable for you to use; you can either use the AliExpress website or use the AliExpress App which available for both Android and iOS. Personally, I use the app simply because I shop often using the platform and the app makes things easier for me. If you want to use the app then you’ll need to download the app from your respective stores; Google Play Store for Android and Apple App Store for iOS. If you prefer the website then you’ll need to access the website using a browser.
- When you log on to the website or Open the App, you’ll be presented with the homepage where you have a few products. You scroll the products, browse through the categories or use the search bar up top for the search for a specific item.
- Search and locate the item you would like to purchase, Click on it. This will take you to the product page, here you will see details about the product which includes price, product description, colours available for that product and most importantly the seller ratings and feedback among others. You’ll need to go through this page carefully as it has everything about the product and you’ll need to make sure it is what you want.
- If you like what you see, you can go ahead and Click on Add to Cart. You can also add other items to cart and when you are through, Click on the Cart icon at the top right side to see all the items in the cart.
- Let’s say you want to buy the Oppo Find X, you will search for and there will be lot of results. Check very well to ensure you got what you search for.
- The cart is where you’ll see all the items you’ve selected as well as the shipping fee for each. Some items come with free shipping and some others don’t. Some items can also give you the option to choose between free shipping and other shipping methods. You can check and switch Shipping by clicking on Shipping just below the item.
- If the item you planning is above $600, I will advise you don’t select the DHL or other expensive options because when your item gets to Nigeria, custom will still charge for the item.
- After choosing a preferred shipping method (each shipping method come with an estimated date of arrival and take note of the total cost of the item including shipping fee if any) Click on Buy All. This will take you to the Order confirmation page.
- Make sure your Address on this page is correct then choose your payment Method and Pay.
AliExpress Delivery & Charges
After ordering, comes the tracking which you’ll be able to do via the AliExpress website. This is where most first timers get a little bit uneasy as they wait for their product to arrive. The items usually arrive within the stipulated date and there is usually no cause for alarm but it can take longer on some rare occasions.
However, you should know that AliExpress has got you covered with its buyer’s protection program which returns your money if you don’t get the item you paid for.
Now, about the Aliexpress Delivery. Depending on which shipping method you use, the item will either be delivered to the nearest post office to your address or straight to your home. Personally, I use standard shipping which delivers to the Post Office and Post office delivers to my Address but there DHL/ FedEx which seems to be the only two shipping method that ships directly to your address.
However, DHL is expensive compared to other shipping methods which drop off your item in the nearest post office for you to pick up.
But if you use DHL, you may have to pay for “Custom Duty” which mostly plagues expensive products.
If you don’t know what custom duty is, it is a fined imposed on items coming into the country which the buyer must pay before he/she is allowed to pick up the item from the post office. The price is random; sometimes is totally free to pick up your item and sometimes you can be charged as high as N100,000 as some users have reported. This is mostly dependent on the type of item you are to pick up.
Aliexpress Service Customer Service Email
If you have been searching for the best way to contact AliExpress, just like I said, AliExpress does not have customer service Email Address. It is advisable you forward any of your complaints via the feedback section or you can chat with them via the online chatting platform where you will be asked to select the item you want to complain about
Got more questions about buying on AliExpress? Be sure to leave a comment down below in the comment section.