This post contains a simple guide on how to pair Apple Watch with iPhone X, iPhone Xs and Xs Max. So you got one of the trios of the newly released iPhones and you’re looking to pair your iPhone with an Apple watch. Well, you’ve come to the right place and in this article, we will be walking you through the process involved in pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone X, Xs or Xs Max. Before we begin, there are some boxes that need to be checked.
- You need to make sure that your Apple watch is not paired to another iPhone. If you were using the Apple watch on your older iPhone or iPad then you’ll need to unpair it first with that device before being able to pair it to a new device. If you have a brand new Apple watch then you don’t need to bother about this.
- Make sure your iPhone X, Xs or Xs Max is connected to the internet whether via Wi-Fi or Cellular and also make sure Bluetooth on your iPhone is turned on.
- Lastly, Make sure you have the Find My iPhone service enabled on your iPhone.
Once you have checked all the boxes above or met the requirements, then we can proceed and get both devices connected.
How To Pair Apple Watch with iPhone X, iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max
- Turn on your iPhone and the Apple Watch.
- Once both device are turned on, Move your Apple Watch close to your iPhone. Your iPhone should pick up on the Apple Watch close by and ask you if you want to “Use your iPhone to setup this Apple Watch.” With an Apple Watch Picture and a Continue button underneath. Hit the Continue button.
- If your iPhone doesn’t give you the prompt to connect your iPhone to your Apple Watch the you need to pull up your Apple Watch and tap on the Start Pairing option. After that, put it close your iPhone and you should see the prompt on your iPhone then hit continue.
- Once you hit continue, an animation will pop up on your Apple Watch which serves as kind of a QR code. Also, your iPhone will also pull up it’s camera. Now, face the iPhone camera to the Apple watch screen and let it capture the animation.
- Once it does that, your iPhone gets paired with your Apple watch.
- Next, your iPhone will ask you which hand you wear your watch on, Left or right ? Choose the appropriate one and agree to the terms and conditions.
- On the Next page, you’ll need to enter your iCloud password and if you have Two-Step verification enabled, you’ll need to verify that.
- After providing your iCloud password and verifying the two-step verification (if any), you’ll be presented will a list of features like Siri, Locations and services, with the option of activating or deactivating it. You’ll also be able to choose if diagnostics from the watch gets sent to your device.
- Lastly, you’ll be asked to create a passcode for the Apple watch which can be used unlock the apple watch. This will shift to the watch where you’ll have to input the passcode there.
- Next, you can install apps to the Apple Watch or leave it for later.
- After that, the Apple watch start syncing and depending on how much data it has to sync (contacts, messages etc) this might take a while. You might want to plug the devices in while it syncs if there isn’t enough juice.
Once the Sync is complete, your Apple Watch is ready to be used. Remember, if you have questions or run into any trouble while pairing yours, be sure to let us know through the comment section down below.
For more info, check Apple Support