JAMB 2019-2020 Registration date is out as students all over Nigeria are prepping for a new admission year. When is JAMB 2019 registration starting? How much is the form? When is the closing date of the form? What are the steps to register for UTME? We know these are some of the questions that pop in your mind as you hit the gas on your plans to gain admission to a tertiary institution of your choice this year.
In this article, we will be taking an in-depth look into these issues. And upon the release of the latest information on JAMB 2019-2020 registration, we will effect necessary changes in this write-up.
Is JAMB 2019 Form Out?
JAMB 2019 registration is set to commence tomorrow, January 10, and the form will be sold at the rate of ₦3,500. Last week, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has advised prospective candidates to disregard any adverts posted on social media sites, stating that sales of form for JAMB 2019 registration have started and can be done in some illegal centres.
How Much Is JAMB 2019 Form?
The form price for JAMB 2019 registration has been reduced from ₦5,000 to ₦3,500 by the Federal Government, and the registration fee for foreign students has also been slashed from more than $100 to $20 — that’s over 80% reduction. Here, we have provided a breakdown of the costs of the JAMB 2019 form:
- JAMB 2019 registration form: ₦3,500
- JAMB CBT 2019 Registration fee: ₦700
- JAMB 2019 reading text: ₦500
Jamb News In Nigeria
- JAMB 2019/2020 Result Is out — How to Check JAMB UTME CBT Results
- How to create Jamb Profile Registration 2019 Easily
- Jamb 2019/2020 Cut-off Marks for Universities and Polytechnics
- JAMB new guidelines 2019/2020, UTME and O’ Level scores interpretations
- How to check Jamb Mock Exams Center and the date of Exams
- How To Confirm Your Jamb 2019 Profile Registration
How to Register for JAMB 2019-2020 Exam
Before we go ahead and highlight the steps to take for JAMB 2019 registration, here are some documents you will need:
- A Personal e-mail address and cell phone number
- A JAMB profile
- Payment for JAMB ePIN registration
- Go to any accredited CBT centres along with your personal details, the profile you created as well as evidence of payment
These are the steps you should take to complete the JAMB 2019-2020 registration process:
1. Register Your JAMB Profile
Start by registering your profile and validating your email address on the JAMB portal. During the process, you’ll have to supply some details into the spaces that are required. Once you’ve confirmed and sent your info, you’ll receive a code in your mailbox.
Also, you can register your JAMB profile through your phone. The first thing to do is to send a text that contains your first name, middle name, and surname to 55019. Make sure you include 2 spaces between the names. You will next receive a code containing 10 characters, which you will need to get your ePIN.
2. Make ePIN Registration Payment
In the next step, you will pay for an ePIN. You can do this at major banks, NIPOST or via electronic platforms belonging to Interswitch. These are the banks that accept payment for JAMB ePIN:
- First Bank
- Access Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Jaiz Bank
- Sterling Bank
- Unity Bank
- Union Bank
- Zenith Bank
You can equally pay via electronic platforms on the JAMB portal. The accredited CBT centres also have POS terminals, through which you can make secure payments.
Do make sure that you’ve the code, sent to you in step 1 above before making payment. We urge you to write it down in a safe place. Once you have paid via any of the above-listed methods, you will receive an ePIN. But if you misplace the PIN, it can be retrieved by sending “UTME PIN” to 55019 for UTME candidates. If you are a DE candidate, send “DE PIN” to the same number. You will receive the PIN on your mobile phone immediately.
3. Visit an accredited CBT Center
The last step is to visit the nearest accredited JAMB CBT centre with your bio data and ePIN. There, you will go through the following JAMB 2019-2020 registration process:
- A payment of ₦700 only as service charge.
- Provision of your personal info, choice of exam town, credentials (including academic qualifications), and a biometric enrolment. Your 10 fingers and picture will be captured in the center.
- Provision of your O/L and/or A/L grades. If you’re awaiting result, you can supply it on JAMB portal online as soon as it is released.
- Printing and collection of an eSlip as evidence of payment.
When you have completed this process, the CBT centre will give you some material, consisting of the recommended reading text and a CD, which contains:
- e-Brochure that shows guidelines on admission detailing the list of tertiary institutions & available programmes of study
- e-Syllabus for the examination
- A step-by-step guide on completing the application form
- A video message from the Registrar of JAMB & a demo on how you can use 8 keys for UTME without a mouse.
There won’t be any offline registration as every accredited CBT center has been empowered to carry out seamless online JAMB 2019 registrations.
Please Note: No prospective candidate should register at any center apart from the accredited CBT centers as well as JAMB State offices. JAMB has stated that any candidate that is registered outside these approved centers will be identified and disqualified.
Order of Choice of Tertiary Institutions
On the JAMB 2019 registration platform, you should note that your first choice can be a University, Polytechnics/Monotechnics, College of Education, Innovation Enterprise Institutes, NDA (Nigerian Defence Academy), or Nigeria Police Academy. Also, you’re allowed to select Universities — whether Federal or State — as your first and second choices respectively.
Recommended Novel for JAMB 2019
The recommended novels for this year’s UTME are “Sweet Sixteen” for UTME candidates and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” for DE candidates. As said earlier, you’re to pay ₦500only to obtain the reading text.
Payment Platforms for JAMB 2019 Registration
Interswitch, on the heels of its accreditation by JAMB to offer ePINs and forms to prospective candidates for the JAMB/UTME examinations, has opened its platforms for JAMB 2019 registration. You can easily get an ePIN and form from enabled Interswitch platforms, like Quickteller Mobile App/Web, Quickteller Paypoint (Agents), through payment using Interswitch WebPAY on JAMB’s portal, and via payment with Interswitch Paydirect at all bankbranches across the length and breadth of Nigeria.
When Is JAMB 2019 Examination?
According to Dr. Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s Head, Media, & Information, the conduct of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) 2019 is billed to commence on Saturday, March 16, and registrations are scheduled to start tomorrow in over 700 accredited CBT centers across the country. You needn’t stew over the possibility of the soon-to-commence general elections disrupting the conduct of UTME, as all elections would have ended by then.
When Will JAMB 2019 Form Close?
Sales of the form will last for 6 weeks, so will end on February 20. But this deadline could be extended. You should check JAMB’s website for additional info.
We hope you find this guide helpful for your JAMB 2019-2020 registration process. We wish you a resounding success in your upcoming exam!