Xiaomi’s sub-brand – Redmi – has taken things a little bit further with its upcoming Redmi Note 7 Pro. This upcoming device bares almost all the features of the standard Remi Note 7 except for the chipset. The new Redmi Note 7 Pro utilises the new and latest 600 series of Snapdragon’s SoC – Snapdragon 675 – which is based on the 11nm process technology. The device also packs a 6.3-inch display, dual rear cameras, one of which is a 48MP Camera and a 4,000mAh battery with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4.0.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
- 6.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 3GB/4GB/6GB Of RAM
- Octa-core 2.0GHz, Snapdragon 675
- 32GB/64GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 5MP rear camera and 13MP selfie camera
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Design And Display
The device looks identical to the Redmi Note 7 with the 6.3-inch notched display which is covered by a Corning Gorilla Glass 5, a 1080 x 2340 screen resolution with a 409ppi and a dual rear camera setup with dual-LED flash and fingerprint sensor at the back.
The back of the device also stands out in its array of colours options which includes Black, Blue and Twilight Gold. It weighs just 186 grams and measures 8.1mm in thickness. It also features a Hybrid Dual SIM slot which makes the second SIM slot double as the MicroSD card slot for storage expansion.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Camera Review
The rear camera on this Redmi Note 7 Pro features a main 48MP camera with f/1.8 aperture and PDAF along with a secondary 5MP depth sensor camera with f/2.4 aperture. The dual rear camera has a dual-LED flash for low light shots and also has Panorama. 1080p resolution videos can also be recorded at 30, 60 and 120fps. The 13MP front-facing selfie camera with HDR can also record 1080p videos at 30fps.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Hardware and Software
Inside the Redmi Note 7, Pro is the Snapdragon 675; the latest and best Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset for now sporting 8-cores clocked at 2.0GHz and an Adreno 612 GPU for gaming. The first configuration comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of Internal Storage while the second configuration comes with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM with 64GB of Internal Storage. Both configuration’s storage can be expanded further, up to 256GB via the second SIM slot which doubles as MicroSD card slot. This device runs no other than MIUI 10 which is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Battery & Network Connectivity
A 4,000mAh battery keeps the device turned on which has to support Qualcomm’s fast charge 4.0 which can get to 100% from 0% in less than 2 hours. It is also equipped with 4G LTE Connectivity, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS, Infrared port, Radio and a USB Type-C port.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Price and Availability
This device is set to have a starting price of about $250 which is approximately N90,000.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Full Specifications
- Dimension: 159.2 x 75.2 x 8.1 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 186 grams
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 409ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- Chipset: Snapdragon 675, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 3GB/4GB/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB (Uses SIM 2 slot)
- Primary: 48MP + 5MP with f/1.8 + f/2.4 – dual-LED Flash, Panorama, HDR
- Secondary: 13MP – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- USB: Yes, Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Sensor: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh non-removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: Yes, Quick 4.0+
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $250
Availability: Coming soon