Zoto App: How it works and why it Finally Shut Down its operations
If you haven’t heard of Zoto App or you haven’t been hearing much of them Lately then you’re in luck as we’re going to be taking a little trip down memory lane to find out what Zoto is and why it isn’t operational anymore.
What is Zoto App?
Zoto App is one of Nigeria’s favourite recharge & Bill Payment platforms which users can use to not only recharge their phone but also pay bills, much like Quick-teller and Jumia One. However, unlike others recharge and bill payment apps out there, Zoto ran a lot of cashback and bonuses which came in form of Zoto Cash which can be exchanged for Airtime and stuffs on the app. This was among the Features that made them popular, reaching over a million users with over 500k+ Downloads on the Google Play store. One of such freebies was the “Flat20” coupon code which gave new users an extra N1000 on their first five transactions.
The Zoto App has a lot of features which includes:
- Fast payments and recharges: Complete your online recharge transaction within seconds.
- Prepaid Mobile recharge for all major operators in Nigeria including Airtel, Etisalat, MTN and Glo
- Buy data for Glo, Airtel & Etisalat
- Pay Cable TV for DSTV Subscription, DSTV Box Office, Gotv and Startimes
- Pay Internet bills for Spectranet, Smile Communications and ipNX
- Lightweight App
- Works with slow internet connection
- Pay using debit card, credit card for all leading banks (Mastercard, Visa and Verve) as well as
- ZotoCash Wallet
- Save recharge, account details & transaction preferences for quick repeat experience
- View your older recharges and payments to recharge faster
- View your earned ZotoCash and use them to recharge.
With all it’s features and freebies, they quickly captured the hearts of their users but things quickly turned sour as they first reduced the amount of bonuses being given, to not given any bonus at all then finally going MIA. There haven’t been a word from the CEO of the app neither has there been any explanation for more than a year now as to why they app isn’t working despite still being up on the Google Play Store and Apple App store.
The website as well as the blog is still up and running but nothing has changed over there too. Last time we heard from the owners of the app, it was undergoing an upgrade which was meant to see the app come back even better but so far, there hasn’t been any news about that.
It’s still unclear if they will make a comeback since they haven’t pulled down the app from the Google Play store and Apple app store or taken down the website. Regardless of that, users who still have their money stuck in the platform have taken to various social media outlet to call out the app as well leaving negative reviews about the app on the Google Play store.
Many have speculated that the reason for the alleged “Shut Down” was because of the numerous freebies they were giving and obviously couldn’t keep up with it. However, we’ll never know for sure unless they return at some point and with their app and website still up and running, there is still a possibility of it happening. Fingers crossed.