Download APK Editor : For Changing the Name of an APK File
Learn how you can use APK Editor to change the name of an Apk file. Architecture has made giant strides in modern times, even concerning aspects related to the WEB. This development is really a great one, and the app we will be looking at in this write-up promises to give you more control as regards your usage of mobile applications.
APK Editor — the name is quite self-explanatory; by merely glancing at it, you can readily determine what it does. It’s a classic, easy-to-use, and modified application used for cloning any phone apps, allowing you to perform a range of operations such as string localization, layout re-architecture, background image replacement, elimination of ads, removal of permission, and others. Before we explain how to clone Android apps with the aid of APK Editor, let’s take a brief look at the concept of cloning.
APK Editor-For Cloning
In biological science, cloning is defined as the process of creating similar populations of individuals that are genetically identical, occurring in nature. In the field of technology, cloning is a term used to describe the technique for designing and making similar stabilized, classic, and improved apps, which has the ability to program itself to carry out the things that the other cloned application can perform without dis-functioning.
The APK Editor app can be utilized for cloning multiple apps on Android OS. Carrying out the procedure of using this app for cloning other APK apps is quite straightforward once you are interested in seeing it through. You can now relax and follow the tutorial on how to do this, which we have highlighted below:
How to Use APK Editor to Clone Other Android Apps
For starters, you need to have a specific standard of requirements before you’d be able to make use of the APK Editor app. There is the patch file of this app, and since it’s in .exe format (Symbian format), you will first unzip it into your Android smartphone. Hence, it’s recommended that you download Winzip app for unzipping these files on your phone. Follow the below steps to proceed:
- Start by downloading the patch file of APK Editor and also downloading the Winzip App from Google Play for free.
- The next step to take after the installations is to install the APK Editor app. Once this is done, open your /sd card/ directory. Then, launch APK editor file manager app, and look for where the APK file is downloaded to.
- If you are making use of a laptop to download it, you need to transfer the file to your Android mobile device and search for it from your APK Editor file manager.
- The next thing is to proceed by long-pressing the file, after which a pop-up will come up. Tap “Clone” > “OK”.
- In the second to the last step, you will get another pop-up, which you will use for changing the APK file name.
- In this last step, use the file manager app for locating the clone of the app you just made. Lastly, install it; then, an identical app will show up on your Android menu screen.
That’s all — you have now successfully cloned an Android app with the use of the APK Editor app. As you can discern in the highlighted steps above, changing the name of an APK file is quite straightforward, understandable, and works well with all Android phones. With this tutorial, you can now create identical copies of any mobile app of your choice and give its APK file any name of your choice.