Hey guys, good news as you can also Remap Bixby Button on Galaxy S10 to perform any task you want. It’s no news that newer Samsung Galaxy devices come with a button with just one single task when pressed – To wake Bixby; Samsung’s own personal assistant.
Bixby Button on the S10 Series and What you need to know
Bixby is Samsung’s version of a virtual assistant similar to that of Apple Siri or Google Assistant. Now, the Bixby button was met with a lot of mixed reviews; some people liked it and some others didn’t.
However, almost all users who had a Samsung Galaxy device with the Bixby button wished there was a way to change or remap the button Bixby to bring up another app or another assistant like Google assistant. Some software even popped up for this sole purpose and found a way to actually do it but Samsung quickly blocked the loophole. Since then, other methods have sprung and Every time, they got shut down by Samsung. There is even an app called Bixby remapper which we are yet to test if it comes or not
The release of Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus and S10e brought about a change in that regard in the form of software up to the new Samsung One UI Skin on top of the Android operating system. Now this does not turn off the Bixby button from functioning neither does it stop it from pulling up Bixby (maybe sometime in the future maybe?),
However, it gives you two options, one of which must be Bixby while the other can be any app you want. This is according to the latest findings from The Verge. The options are to press the Bixby once or twice for different apps, one of which must be the Bixby button. Without wasting any more of your time, let’s get right down to it.
How To Remap Bixby Button On Galaxy S10
To Remap Bixby Button on your Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus or S10e, follow the outlined steps below.
- Go to the Settings Menu by clicking on the Settings Menu in the app drawer or swiping down the notification panel and Clicking on the gear Icon.
- Use the search button up top to search for the “Bixby Key” and Click on the first result.
- Once you get to the Bixby Key Customisation Page, you’ll be able to set which one you want.
- There are two options available; single press to open Bixby and double press to open any other app you choose or vice versa. Either way, one of which has to be set to open Bixby.
My advice if you want to “get rid” of Bixby, double press to open Bixby option and then set the single press on the Bixby button to open any app you want, like Google assistant or Chrome or whatever app you want to open.
5. Also, Long pressing the Bixby button will still bring up Bixby’s voice and that can’t be remapped, at least for now.
Just like that, you’ve remapped your Bixby button. This feature is reportedly going to make it to older devices with the Bixby button via a software update sometime in the future and when it does and you have one of those devices, you’d already know how to Remap it as it would most likely be the same method. Feel free to drop any questions you might have about this guide in the comment section down below.