TECNO Pop 2 was launched in Nigeria silently as the successor to the TECNO POP 1. The POP 2 comes with some similar features as its predecessor but with some changes here and there. Let’s have a look at the specifications and features the TECNO POP 2 has to offer.
TECNO POP 2 Display Key Specs
- 5.5-inch FULLVIEW LCD capacitive touchscreen, 960 x 480 pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition with 1GB Of RAM
- Quad-core 1.3GHz, MediaTek MT6580
- 16GB built-in storage
- A 5MP rear camera and 8MP selfie camera
- 2,400mAh non-removable Battery
Tecno POP 2 Design And Display
The design is pretty simple with the camera carefully placed at the top left corner of the device’s back with an LED flash by the side. At the centre is the TECNO logo with no fingerprint sensor in sight. Towards the bottom is the loudspeaker grill.
The body of the device is made of plastic and comes in three colours; Champagne Gold, Midnight Black and City Blue. Turning over to the front is the 5.5-inch Fullview display with a screen resolution of 960 x 480 pixels and a trendy 18:9 aspect ratio. At the top bezel is the front facing camera and also a big chin down below.
TECNO POP 2 Camera Review
Tecno POP 2 has a single 5MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and a dual-LED flash for low light photography with a POP logo beside the camera. For selfies, the device sports an 8MP front-facing camera, also with an LED flash to light up your selfies which should be enough for your all your selfies needs at this price point. Both cameras come with an AI beautification effects that make your photos look even better over time.
TECNO POP 2 Hardware and Software
Insides the device is a MediaTek MT6580 Chipset which has 4 cores of processors clocked at 1.3GHz paired with a Mali-400MP2 GPU. 1GB of RAM is board along with 8GB of Internal storage which is expandable via the MicroSD card slot. TECNO’s HiOS v3.3 runs on the device out of the box which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition.
Battery & Network Connectivity
Tecno POP 2 boasts of a 2,400mAh battery capacity. Other features of this device include WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and a microUSB 2.0 port. Unfortunately, the device does not have 4G LTE, NFC or a fingerprint sensor.
Price And Availability
Tecno POP 2 goes for about $75 and is already available for purchase on various online stores.
TECNO POP 2 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 149.76 mm x 72.8mm x 9.35 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: N/A
- SIM: (Dual Nano-SIM, Dual stand-by)
- Type: LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.5-inch
- Screen Resolution: 18:9, 960 x 480 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6580, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes
- Primary: 5MP with f/2.2, dual-LED flash
- Secondary: 8MP with LED flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: No
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.0
- USB: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: No
- NFC: No
- Sensor: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 2,400mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $75
Availability: Available on online stores
A budget device targeted at the entry-level segment of the market. The Pop 2 is powered by the MediaTek MT6580 Chipset which has 4 cores of processor clocked at 1.3GHz paired with a Mali-400MP2 GPU