Have you been looking for the best way to install Mobdro on Roku? Then you are on the right page as I take you through simple steps on how to do so.
While some people prefer watching movies on a smaller screen like our smartphone display, some others prefer a bigger screen for the immersive and captivating experience. Both have their advantages and disadvantages but we’re not here to discuss that.
If you like streaming live TV channels on your smartphone then you can check our guide on how to install Mobdro on your Android device. If you have an Amazon fire stick then you need to know that we also talked about to side-load Mobdro unto your Fire Stick and get it working Here. Now, if you have Roku and that is what you want to use for live streaming via Mobdro then just keep reading.
For those that do not know, Roku is a setup box that transforms your ordinary TV into a smart TV by giving it internet connection. Not only does Roku allow it’s users to use Mobdro, but you can also stream other services like Netflix, Hulu and the rest but for this article, we will be focusing on how to get Mobdro working and for that, you’ll need the following.
Requirements to Install Mobdro on Roku
- An Android device which runs Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher with the Mobdro Apk Downloaded on it. You can download the Mobdro application on the Mobdro website (https://www.mobdro.sc/)
- A Roku
- Working TV.
Once you have all the necessary requirements set, you can then go ahead and follow the simple instructions below.
How To Install Mobdro On Roku
- First things first, Make sure your Roku is hooked to your TV. Now Connect both the Android device and Roku to the same WiFi network.
- Once that is done, Go to the Settings Panel on your Roku and Turn on the “Screen Mirror” feature.
- After turning on the screen mirror Feature, pick up your Android device which has the Mobdro installed on it and Launch the Mobdro App. Look for any live stream you would like to watch and click on it to start streaming.
- As soon as it starts streaming, Swipe down the notification Panel on your android and Click on “Cast”. If you don’t see any cast there then you can simply go to the Settings Menu and search for “Cast”, Click on the result and you’ll see one connected device.
- Click on the connected device to pair it with your phone. If you don’t see any device here then you know that your Roku and Android device isn’t connected to the same WiFi network.
- Once it connects, your Android screen will automatically start showing on your TV through Roku. All that is left is for you to go back to or re-open the Mobdro app and Start streaming any Channel you want which will also be showing on screen.
I know this isn’t idle as opposed to Installing the Mobdro App onto Roku itself as we did with Amazon’s Firestick but this is basically the only way for now. Hopefully, Roku rolls out a software update which will make it compatible with Android apps, then we can side-load the Mobdro App unto Roku itself. If you run into any troubles while carrying out the steps below or have questions about this article, feel free to let us know in the comment section down below.