It’s no news that YouTube Stories is now available on the mobile application for both the Android and iOS platform. YouTube stories have been out for quite some time and have been useful for content creators as it creates an avenue for you to interact more with your subscribers or a way to give them occasional sneak peeks on what you’re working.
Anyway, you decide to use this feature you’ll be able to as long as you meet the requirements set by YouTube. According to YouTube, YouTubers who want to make use of this feature must have at least 100,000 subscribers or more to be able to make use of this. So if you don’t have up to 100,000 subscribers on your YouTube channel then, unfortunately, you won’t be able to make use of this.
For those who have more than 100,000 subscribers on their YouTube account and would like to create and share stories to their subscribers then you can simply follow the outlined steps below.
How To Create and Share YouTube Stories
- First things first, you’ll need to have the YouTube App Install on your smartphone, be it iOS or Android. If you don’t already have the YouTube app then you can simply Download it from the Google Play store for Android or Apple App store for iOS.
- Make sure you’re Logged In on the YouTube App. If you aren’t, do that.
- Once you’re Logged In, Tap on the Video Icon with the + sign in the middle which located at the top right side of the screen. You’ll be presented with either Video, Live, Story or Post.
- Click on Story from the options listed and you’re good to go.
- You can Either tap the capture button at the bottom centre of the screen to take a picture of the press and hold it to record a video. Alternatively, you can import a picture or video from your gallery by clicking on the camera roll at the bottom left side of the screen.
- After taking a picture, recording a video or importing any of the two from your gallery then you can proceed to add things like stickers, filters and drawings if you want. Once that is done or you don’t want to do that, you can then Click on either Post at the bottom right corner to post it or save the image/video to your device by clicking on save at the bottom left so you can share it on other social media platforms.
That’s pretty much how to create and share YouTube stories. If you’re experiencing problems while creating or sharing your then feel free to tell us using the comment section down below so we can help.