Huawei Honor 20i Full Specs and Price
With no announcement whatsoever, Honor recently just put the Huawei Honor 20i (which looks a lot like the Honor 10i) for pre-order, revealing all its specifications and features. The new Honor 20i has a 6.21-inch IPS LCD display, a Kirin 710 SoC, Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9, triple camera setup and an abundance of RAM and storage configurations to choose from. Let’s get into the nitty-gritty of this device.
Huawei Honor 20i Specs
- 6.21-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels
- Android 9.0, 4GB/6GB Of RAM
- Exynos 7904, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- 64GB/128GB/256GB built-in storage
- 24MP + 8MP + 2MP rear camera and 32MP selfie camera
- 3,400mAh non-removable battery
Huawei Honor 20i Design And Display
Huawei Honor 20i looks pretty much like other 2019 mid-rangers. The 6.21 FHD+ IPS LCD display has a U-shaped notch cutout that houses the single front-facing camera. There is also a chin at the bottom. The back is packed with cameras, three cameras to be exact with an LED flash and of course, a fingerprint sensor for biometric Authentication/verification.
The device weighs 164grams, measures 8mm in thickness and has three colour options to choose from; Gradient Blue, Gradient Red and Magic Night Blue. It uses a Hybrid SIM slot so getting more storage will require your to lose a SIM slot as the second SIM slot doubles as a microSD card slot.
Honor 20i Camera Review
Three cameras on a smartphone are pretty standard these days and Huawei Honor 20i is the latest smartphone to join the group. It sports a triple camera setup at the back comprising of a 24MP main shooter with an f/1.8 aperture and PDAF, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an f/2.4 aperture and lastly, a 2MP depth sensing camera with also an f/2.4 aperture. It is also equipped with an LED flash, HDR and Panorama. Videos can be shot in 1080p at 30fps or 60fps. For selfies, there is a single 32MP shooter with an f/2.0 aperture sitting comfortably in the notch up top. The selfie camera can also shoot 1080p videos but only at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Huawei’s Hisilicon Kirin 710 SoC is the Brain of the Honor 20i with 8 cores clocked at 1.8GHz and a Mali-G51 MP4 GPU for gaming and graphics. Honor 20i comes in different configurations; 4GB RAM with 128GB of storage and 6GB of RAM with 64GB, 128GB or 256GB of internal storage. Regardless of the configuration you pick, you’ll still be able get more storage with a MicroSD card through the second SIM slot. This device runs the latest Android 9.0 Pie out of the box which has Huawei’s EMUI 9.0 slapped on top of it.
Battery & Network Connectivity
Battery capacity is rated at 3,4000mAh with a 10W fast battery. Unfortunately, it uses the old microUSB port for charging and file transfer. It also features 4G LTE connectivity, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS and a 3.5mm jack.
Huawei Honor 20i Price and Availability
Honor 20i with the 4GB/128GB and 6GB/64GB configuration costs $240 while the roomier 6GB/128GB costs $320. There is no price yet for 6GB/256GB configuration yet.
Honor 20i Full Specifications
- Dimension: 154.8 x 73.6 x 8 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 164g
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.21-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 415ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 710, Octa-Core 1.8GHz
- RAM: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB/256GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 512GB (uses SIM 2 Slot)
- Primary: 24MP + 8MP + 2MP with f/1.8 + f/2.4 + f/2.4 – LED flash, PDAF, HDR, Panorama
- Secondary: 32MP with f/2.0 – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: N/A
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,400mAh Removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes, 10W
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $240 – $400