Huawei Y5 2019 Full Specs and Price
Huawei Y5 2019 is the latest entry-level budget smartphone from Huawei. This is coming after the brand recently announced the Y6 Prime 2019. The device is powered by a MediaTek Helio A22 Quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM and 16GB or 32GB of internal storage. It also features the trendy water drop notch on its 5.71-inch HD+ display.
It has a single front-facing and rear camera, a 3,020mAh battery capacity with no fast charging and runs Huwaei’s own EMUI 9.0 on top of Android 9.0 Pie. Let’s dive a little deeper into its specifications and features.
Huawei Y5 2019 Plus Key Specs
- 5.71-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 2GB Of RAM
- MediaTek Helio A22, Quad-core 2.0GHz
- 16GB/32GB built-in storage
- A 13MP rear camera and 5MP selfie camera
- 3,020mAh non-removable battery
Huawei Y5 2019 Design And Display
Huawei Y5 2019 has a pretty decent design given its entry-level price point. It has a moderate 5.71-inch HD+ display which uses a 19:9 aspect ratio with a notch that houses the front-facing camera. Still, they’re quite a good chunk of bezels all around, especially at the chin.
The overall body is made of plastic and comes in different colour options to choose from which includes Midnight Black, Modern Black, Sapphire Blue and Amber Brown. The back of the device has only the single rear camera and an LED flash – no fingerprint sensor here.
Huawei Y5 2019 weighs just 146grams and measures 8.5mm in thickness. It also has a single SIM model and a dual SIM model, both of which have a dedicated MicroSD card slot for storage expansion.
Huawei Y5 2019 Camera Review
At the rear is a single 13MP camera with an f/1.8 aperture and PDAF. The rear camera is equipped with an LED flash to light up low lit scenes, HDR for good dynamic range and Panorama for wide angle shots. It can also shoot 1080p videos at 30fps. The front facing 5MP camera with an f/2.2 aperture takes care of selfies.
Hardware and Software
Huawei ditched their in-house Kirin SoC and opted for a MediaTek SoC for the Y5 2019. It has a MediaTek Helio A22 which is a chipset based on the 12nm architecture with a Quad-core processor that has clocking speed of up to 2.0GHz alongside a PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
2GB of RAM takes care of multitasking with 16GB or 32GB of storage (Depending on the configuration you get) for storing your media files. Storage can also be upgraded, up to 512GB via a microSD card. It runs Huawei’s EMUI 9 out of the box which is based on the latest and current Android operating system – Android 9.0 Pie.
Battery & Network Connectivity
Battery capacity for the Huawei Y5 2019 is rated at 3,020mAh. There is no word yet if it supports fast charging. It has a micro USB port through which charging and file transfer will be done. There is also the almost extinct 3.5mm jack. Other features of the Huawei Y5 2019 includes Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, FM Radio and depending on the market/region, NFC.
Huawei Y5 2019 Price and Availability
There is no word yet on the pricing or when it is set to go on sale but it is most likely be a sub $100 smartphone given the specifications.
Huawei Y5 2019 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 147.1 x 70.8 x 8.5mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 146g
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.71-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1520 pixels, 295ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A22, Quad-Core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 512GB (dedicated slot)
- Primary: 13MP with f/1.8 – LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama
- Secondary: 5MP with f/2.2
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes
- NFC: Yes (Market/Region dependant)
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,020mAh Removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: Unknown
Availability: Coming Soon