How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Your Lost or Misplaced iPhone
In this article, we will outline steps to locate and find your lost or misplaced Apple devices using the Find My iPhone app, even if the battery is down or by pinging from an Apple Watch.
You probably opened this page because you lost or misplaced your iPhone or even stolen. Fortunately, Apple has a piece of software that can track down your lost device easily, and if it has been stolen, you can use the same software to clear all your data from the iPhone and lock it down so that your information is secure.
“Find My iPhone” is used for remotely tracking your stolen, lost or misplaced Apple device — be it an iPhone, iPad, iPad touch or Mac — from virtually anywhere as long as the device has some kind of internet connection.
Find My iPhone can not only help you track your stolen phone or lost, but also help in remotely wiping your private information, so your phone data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
If you have no idea on where to start, we are here to assist you in enabling “Find My iPhone” on your phones and in locating them both on the website and through the Find My iPhone.
Steps to Activate Find My iPhone on Your iPhone or iPad
- Proceed to Settings on your iPhone or Air Pad
- Click on your Apple ID at the top
- Tap iCloud
- Scroll down, and press Find My iPhone
- Switch it on to enable it
Steps to Utilize Find My iPhone on the Web
In case you have a handy computer, you can easily track your lost iPhone, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac on the web through iCloud.com. Follow the easy steps below;
- Open iCloud.com on any browser
- Log into your iCloud account
- In the main menu, tap Find iPhone
- Supply your Apple ID as well as password and sign in
- Click the All Devices option at the top section
- Press the Device name for the device you want to track
- You can try zooming in and out on the map so as to track it better, or you can try picking from one of the available modes in the upper right. This is the function of each mode:
- Play sound — This plays an audible tone even if your device is on vibration or silent. This is the option you will want to use if your iPhone or iPad has gone missing in the house.
- Lost mode — In case you use this option, you’ve to input a cellphone number that will be displayed on the screen of your lost Someone can then make use of this number in calling should they find your iPhone. Also, a tone will be played that will be audible to bring nearby people’s attention to your phone.
- Erase — If you do not think you are going to get back your lost device or you are worried about someone seeing your private data, you can remotely erase everything on your device to safeguard your device data.
How to Make Use of “Find My iPhone” on iPhone or iPad
You can not only track your lost iPhone, Mac or iPad on the web, you can also use the “Find My Phone app” to locate your device. You will find it on any iPhone. You can then track your phone linked to your iCloud account by following the steps below;
- Head to the Find My iPhone app from any iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Log in with your iCloud ID
- Press the name of the device you want to track down
- Click on Actions at the bottom to see the aforementioned options in the Find My iPhone on web.
That’s all! Bear in mind that if you think your device has been stolen but you are able to track it, it is always best to get your local law enforcement agency involved rather than trying to retrieve a stolen phone on your own.