Motorola just announced a brand new smartphone called the One Vision and it seems they are following in Sony’s footsteps when it comes to aspect ratio. The new Motorola One Vision has a 6.3-inch display with a 21:9 aspect ratio and a punch hole cutout for the camera at the top left side. Inside the device is Samsung’s own Exynos 9609 SoC with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It has a dual rear camera setup and a moderate 3,500mAh battery powering it. Let’s go a little bit deeper in the specifications.
Motorola One Vision Key Specs
- 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2520 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 4GB Of RAM
- Exynos 9609, Octa-core 2.2GHz
- 128GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 5MP rear camera and 25MP selfie camera
- 3,500mAh non-removable battery
Motorola One Vision Design And Display
Motorola One Vision has a weird looking shape for a smartphone thanks to the 21:9 aspect ratios of its 6.3-inch IPS LCD display which has a 1080 x 2520 pixel resolution. It still has a chin and some bezels all around. The punch-hole camera cutout takes the top left side of the display. Turning over to the back is a dual rear camera along with an LED flash and the fingerprint sensor at their usual spots. Overall, the device weighs 180grams, measures 8.7mm in thickness and is able to survive a few splashes of water. Colour options available for this device are Bronze gradient and Sapphire gradient. It comes in both the single SIM and dual SIM variant, both of which will have a dedicated MicroSD card and a Hybrid SIM for expandable storage.
The single front-facing camera located on top of the display at the top left corner is a 25MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture and is capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30fps. On the rear, we have the infamous 48MP camera with an f/1.7 aperture, PDAF and OIS alongside a secondary 5MP depth sensor camera with an f/2.2 aperture. The rear camera is equipped with a dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama and the ability to shoot 2160p video at 30fps and 1080p at 30/60fps.
Hardware and Software
Motorola went with Samsung Exynos SoC here – Exynos 9609 – which has an Octa-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz paired with a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU for graphics and gaming. It has 4GB of RAM for multitasking through apps and 128GB of internal storage for files. The dual SIM variant uses the second SIM card for MicroSD cards too while the single SIM card variant has a dedicated MicroSD card slot. Storage can be expanded up to 1TB. It runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box and is part of the Android One family. There is Dolby Atmos sounds on board too.
Battery and Connectivity
Powering this device is a 3,500mAh battery which comes equipped with Motorola’s 15W TurboPower for quick top-ups through the USB Type-C port. It also has 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio and NFC. The ageing 3.5mm jack makes an appearance here too.
Motorola One Vision Price and Availability
The Motorola One Vision costs $335 and the first set of buyers are set to get the Motorola Verve buds that costs $145 on their own for free.
Motorola One Vision Full Specifications
- Dimension: 160.1 x 71.2 x 8.7 mm
- Material: Glass
- Weight: 180g
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
- Screen Resolution: 21:9, 1080 x 2520 pixels, 432ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, Android One
- Chipset: Exynos 9609, Octa-core 2.2GHz
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 1TB.
- Primary: 48MP + 5MP – dual-LED dual tone flash, HDR, Panorama
- Secondary: 25MP with f/2.0
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,500mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po\
- Fast Charging: 15W TurboPower
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $335