OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Launched, Specs and Price
OnePlus unveiled their latest Flagships and the successors to last year’s OnePlus 6T. This year’s OnePlus 7 has arrived and brought along a Pro version which seems to be getting all the attention as the non-pro variant didn’t bring that much of an improvement compared to the OnePlus 6T. Anyway, Both devices are rocking the Snapdragon 855 SoC, 6GB, 8GB or even 12GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB as storage options. Let’s see what the two new devices have to offer and what set them apart.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Key Specs
- 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- 1080 x 2340 Pixels/6.67-inch Fluid AMOLED 1440 x 3120 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 6GB/8GB/12GB Of RAM
- Snapdragon 855, Octa-core 2.84GHz
- 128GB/256GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 5MP for the OnePlus 7
- 48MP + 16MP + 8MP rear camera and 16MP selfie camera for the OnePlus 7 Pro
- 3,700mAh/4,000mAh non-removable battery
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Design And Display
The OnePlus 7 has a pretty similar look to the previous OnePlus 6T thanks to its identical 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display with a water drop notch housing the front-facing camera. The display has a 1080p FHD+ resolution, 402 pixels per inch density and has a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on top for screen protection and also at the back with aluminium frame all around. It weighs 182 grams, measures 8.2mm in thickness and comes in colours Red and Mirror Gray. It also has a dual SIM card slot and no MicroSD card slot.
The OnePlus 7 Pro, on the other hand, takes thing up a notch. It has a full 6.67-inch Fluid AMOLED with no notch in sight, this is because it uses a motorised pop-up mechanism to hide the front-facing camera. Coming back to the display panel, it is a 1440p QHD+ (516ppi) display with HDR10+ support and an impressive 90Hz refresh rate (OnePlus 7 has the standard 60Hz) which makes things buttery smooth.
Just like the OnePlus 7, it has glass both at the back and front with aluminium frame along the sides. It weighs 206 grams and measures 8.8mm. it also has a dual SIM card slot and no SD card slot for additional storage. Colour options available for the OnePlus 7 Pro are Mirror Grey, Almond and Nebula Blue.
Both devices also use an in-display fingerprint sensor – not an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, but an optic sensor which is even fast here.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Camera Review
Both the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro have the same front-facing camera, although both are placed differently. The OnePlus 7 has its selfie camera in a water drop notch while the 7 Pro uses a motorised pop-up system. Regardless of that, they both use a single 16MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture which has auto-HDR and can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps. There is also gyro-EIS on board.
As for the rear-facing camera, the OnePlus 7 has a dual camera setup consisting of a main 48MP shooter with an f/1.7 aperture, PDAF and OIS Alongside a secondary 5MP depth sensor camera for depth sensing which has an f/2.4 aperture. It also has a dual-LED flash.
OnePlus 7 Pro, on the other hand, has a triple camera setup which includes the same 48MP main shooter with an f/1.6 aperture, Laser/PDAF and OIS. This is accompanied by a secondary 16MP ultrawide camera and an 8MP telephoto lens with an f/2.2 and f/2.4 aperture respectively. The telephoto lens has a 3x optical zoom with Laser/PDAF and OIS as well. A dual-LED dual tone flash also sits beside the cameras.
Both the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro rear camera are equipped with Panorama, HDR and can shoot 2160p videos at 30/60fps, 1080p at 30/60/120fps and 720p at 480fps with auto-HDR and gyro-EIS.
Hardware and Software
Both the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro are rocking the new Snapdragon 855 SoC which has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.84GHz paired with an Adreno 640 GPU. It has 6GB, 8GB or even 12GB of RAM with only two storage options; 128GB and 256GB. That’s as far as you can go storage-wise as the lack of a microSD card makes it impossible for additional storage. As expected, both devices run the latest OnePlus’s OxygenOS 9.0 out of the box which is based on the Android 9.0 Pie. They also have Dolby Atmos for a richer Audio and Better listening experience.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Connectivity
OnePlus 7 has a respectable 3,700mAh battery with a 20W fast charging while the 7 Pro has a bigger 4,000mAh battery with a much faster 30W warp charge. Both devices lack 5G Connectivity although there is a 5GB Variant of the OnePlus 7 Pro. Other features on both devices include 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, GPS, NFC and a micro USB through which charging and file transfer are done.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Price and Availability
OnePlus 7 Pro has a starting price of about $669 depending on the configuration you go with. No Offical pricing yet for the OnePlus 7.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Full Specifications
- Dimension: 157.7 x 74.8 x 8.2 mm / 162.6 x 75.9 x 8.8 mm
- Material: Front/back glass, aluminium frame
- Weight: 182g/206g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Optic AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen / Fluid AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.41-inch / 6.67-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels/ 1440 x 3120 pixels, 402ppi /516ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, OxygenOS 9.0
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855, Octa-core 2.84GHz
- RAM: 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB/258GB
- Card Slot: No
- Primary: Dual 48MP + 5MP camera for Oneplus 7
- Triple 48MP + 16MP + 8MP rear camera for the Oneplus 7 Pro with dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, OIS, auto-HDR, gyro-EIS
- Secondary: 16MP with f/2.0 – auto-HDR, gyro-EIS
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: No
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (in-display)
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,700mAh / 4,000mAh non-Removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: 20W / 30W Warp charge
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: $669
- Availability: Available