Oppo A9x Announced, MediaTek Helio P70 and 6GB of RAM
Oppo just announced the Oppo A9x which is basically the Oppo A9 with some minor improvements hence the “X” included in the name. The new Oppo A9x still retains a 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display as found on the Oppo A9 as well as a MediaTek Helio P70 SoC, 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage with a 4,020mAh battery powering it. The minor improvements and difference between the Oppo A9 and the new Oppo A9 happened in the camera and battery and we’ll get to that later on. For now, let’s take a look at the key specs.
Oppo A9x Key Specs
- 6.53-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 6GB Of RAM
- MediaTek MT6771V Helio P70, Octa-core 2.1GHz
- 128GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 2MP rear camera and 16MP selfie camera.
- 4,020mAh non-removable battery
Oppo A9x Design And Display
Oppo A9x design, as well as the display, didn’t change and also remained the same from the vanilla A9. The display is a 6.53-inch FHD+ LTPS IPS LCD display with a 395ppi and a subtle water drop notch that houses the single front-facing camera. The bezels on the sides are minimal but the chin is quite visible.
Turning over to the back reveals the dual rear camera setup, LED flash and a fingerprint sensor all lined up perfectly. The phone weighs 190grams in size, measures 8.3mm in thickness and has just two colour options; Meteorite Black and Ice Jade White. It also has a dual SIM slot on the side as well as a microSD card slot for storage expansion.
Oppo A9x Camera Review
The camera department receives a major facelift compared to the non-X Version, thanks to the inclusion of a 48MP rear main camera with f/1.7 aperture and PDAF which sits beside the secondary 2MP depth sensor camera with an f/2.4 aperture. Features of the rear camera include a dual-LED dual tone flash, Panorama, HDR and the ability to shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Tucked in the water drop notch is a single 16MP front-facing shooter with an f/2.0 aperture and HDR which is also quite capable of 1080p video recording at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Hardware and Software part remained the same on the new Oppo A9x as it is on the A9. It has the MediaTek Helio P70 SoC which has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.1GHz alongside a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU for gaming and graphics. This is hooked up to 6GB of RAM for multitasking and 64GB of internal storage for files. If you need more storage, you can use the MicroSD card to expand the storage up to 256GB. It also runs Oppo’s ColorOS 6 which based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Battery and Connectivity
The same 4,020mAh battery powers the Oppo A9x but it comes with Oppo’s 20W VOOC 3.0 fast battery charging for quick top-ups through the microUSB port which can also be used for file transfers. It also has 4G LTE, dual band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio, NFC and the trusted 3.5mm jack.
Oppo A9x Price and Availability
Oppo A9x will be available in China for CNY1,999 which is approximate $289 starting from May 21. No word on if, and when it will make it to other regions.
Oppo A9x Full Specifications
- Dimension: 162 x 76.1 x 8.3 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 190g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.53-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 395ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6771V Helio P70, Octa-core 2.1GHz
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Primary: 48MP + 2MP with f/1.7 + f/2.4 – dual-LED dual tone flash, HDR, Panorama
- Secondary: 16MP with f/2.0 – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, mircoUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,020mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: 20W (VOOC 3.0)
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: $290
- Availability: Coming Soon