TECNO Pouvoir 3 is the next in line in the Pouvoir lineup and keeping the tradition of the Pouvoir name (which means power in French) just like the previous Pouvoir smartphones, the device also features a massive 5,000mAh battery.
The Pouvoir 3 smartphone was introduced in Nigeria as a successor to the Pouvoir 2 and 2 Pro with a single 13-MP rear camera aided with dual-toned LED flash as well as a 13-MP front selfie shooter. Just like recent TECNO devices, Pouvoir 3 is integrated with AI features as a form of facial enhancement and scene identification.
Though the phone runs Android v.8.1 (Oreo), it still surprisingly offers support for stock AR Emoji. It has an exciting array of connectivity features, including a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, dual Nano-SIM cards, support for 4G LTE network among others.
Asides from the battery which is more like a given at this point, it spots a 6.2-inch notched display, a MediaTek MT6739 SoC with a Quad-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz, 2GB of RAM with 32GB of storage, Android v.8.1 (Oreo) with HiOS Skin and support for stock AR Emoji, dual camera setup, a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, dual Nano-SIM cards, support for 4G LTE network among others.
Let’s find out more.
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Key Specs
- 6.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 Pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo, 2GB Of RAM
- MediaTek MT6739, Quad-core 1.5GHz [ 4×1.28 GHz Cortex-A53 ]
- 32GB built-in storage
- A 13MP rear camera and 13MP selfie camera
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor
- FM Loud Speaker
- Face Unlock
- Midnight Black, City Blue, Champagne Gold
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Design And Display
The Pouvoir 3 spots a 6.2-inch IPS LCD display with a 19:9 aspect ratio and of course a notch up to house the front-facing camera. In terms of thickness, the device boasts an impressive 3.8-mm visual thinness, measures 157.6 mm x 76 x 8.5 mm in dimension and weighs about 160g.
The display is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass and the back of the device is made of plastic with a single camera, LED flash and fingerprint sensor sitting comfortably in their respective spots.
The volume buttons, as well as the power button, are positioned at the right while the dual SIM slot and MicroSD card slot take the left side. It is available City Blue, Midnight Black, Champagne Gold.
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Camera Review
The rear camera is a single 13MP camera with AI capability aided with a dual-toned LED flash for taking photos in a low light environment. It can also shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
As for the selfies, there is a 13MP front-facing camera which will also be used for Face Unlock a.k.a FaceID as well. The front facing camera also has an LED flash, AI beauty for the best selfie and can also shoot 1080p videos.
Hardware and Software
Inside the Pouvoir 3 is the MediaTek MT6739 SoC which has an octa-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz alongside a PowerVR GE8100 GPU for gaming. This is connected to 2GB of RAM with 32GB of expandable storage. It runs Android 8.1 oreo out of the box with TECNO’s HiOS 5.0 slapped on top of it.
Battery & Network Connectivity
The 5,000mAh battery on the Pouvoir 3 is most likely the highlight of this device as it has been with the previous TECNO Pouvoir devices. No word yet if it supports fast charging. According to TECNO, the device can allow you up to 4 days of uninterrupted mobile performance, up to 22 hours of video playback, and up to 43 hours of instant calling.
As for connectivity options, there is 4G LTE connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, a 3.5mm jack and micro USB port for file transfer and charging.
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Price and Availability
The price for the TECNO Pouvoir 3 has been announced to be around N42,000 – N43,000 in Nigeria
TECNO Pouvoir 3 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 157.6 mm x 76 x 8.5 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 160g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.2-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1520 pixels, 294ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo, HiOS 5.0
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6739, Quad-core 1.5GHz
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB
- Primary: 13MP with f/1.8 – LED flash, Panorama
- Secondary: 13MP – Face Unlock, AI Beauty
- Camera Features: Camera Features: Autofocus, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Panorama, Geotagging, White balance settings, HDR, Face detection, Touch focus, ISO settings, Exposure compensation, Scene mode,
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 4G Network Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 40(2300)
- 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: N/A
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 5,000mAh Removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support: Yes
- Talk Time: Up to 38 hours
- Music Play: Up to 41 hours
- Stand-by: Up to 880 hours
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: N40,000 – N50,000
- Availability: Available