How to Get Battery Percentage on iPhone-Easy Guide
Here, we guide you through how to add or get battery percentage in the upper right corner of the screen of your iPhone/iPad to give you a full glimpse of the level of battery life you have left on your device.
New iPhone users will basically be interested in having an idea of how much more functionalities they can still put their iPhone to, thereby enabling them to manage appropriately and also helping them to make smart battery decisions. You don’t get this feature enabled on your iOS system by default because of the amount of screen space it takes, which in effect reduces the active area for the status bar.
Let’s get straight down to it.
How to get Battery Percentage on iPhone/iPad
Follow the guide below to enable the battery per cent on your device and have it showing on the status bar.
iPhone 8 and Earlier Generation
- Navigate your device to “Settings”, tap on it to open.
- Hit the “General Submenu to access more area of the settings.
- Proceed further by scrolling down to find the “Battery” option and tap on it. This is where you can toggle on or off the “Battery Percentage”.Once the feature has been activated, you should see the percentage of battery remaining in the status bar at the upper right corner of your iPhone screen.
While however, in some rare occasions, some iOS device might require a slightly different approach to arrive at the same position, kindly follow the steps below to enable battery percentage.
- Go to the “Settings” app on iDevice.
- Click on the “General” sub-tab and locate “Usage” option.
- Tap on the “Battery Percentage” option.
- You should see the battery percentage immediately this has been toggled on. The indicator will stay on until you turn it off. Now you can exit the settings app.
iPhone X and Newer Generation
Revealing the percentage power remaining on your iPhone X series is quite an easy task while the indicator can be simply found in the Control Center. The following instructions will guide you accordingly.
- To begin with, swipe down from the upper right corner of your iPhone X screen to get access to the “Control Center”.
- The battery percentage indicator is just next to the battery icon at the top right corner of the Control Center.
- You can follow this approach to check how much battery per cent you have left on your iPhone X series anytime.
- Dismiss the control center by swiping up.
More on iPhone Battery Settings
- Now that you’re armed with the relevant information on how to display the battery per cent indicator on your iOS system, we provide you with more tips on ways to make smarter battery management decisions.
- Checking to know how much battery is being used by each Apps on your device is critical for efficient battery management. To do this, head to your Settings application; click on the “Usage” option, then hit ”Battery Usage”. You can switch between battery consumption for the Last 24 Hours or Last 7 Days.
- Use the “Low Power Mode” option to reduce battery power consumption momentarily while you wait for it to fully charge. Access this feature by navigating to “Settings”, then tap the “Battery” option; and select “Low Power Mode” to activate it. Note, however, that using this feature will temporarily disable some other features like automatic download, mail fetch, background App refresh and all the features will be restored as soon as you turn off the low power mode.
- For faster charging of your iPhone, you might want to exit all Apps and turn off all battery power consuming features on your phone such as data connection, Wi-Fi, games, etc.