If you have a locked Redmi Note 5 device then don’t panic as I will be showing you how to unlock the device and get your device up and running again. The locked Redmi Note 5 issue is usually caused by formatting your device and not remembering your MiCloud account login details which can happen. Now, to bypass and fix the locked screen issue on your Redmi Note 5 we’ll need some tools which include the mi unlocking tool and also the Mi PC suite which can be downloaded from the links below.
After downloading the files above, then you can follow the steps below to fix your Redmi Note 5.
How To Fix Locked Redmi Note 5 Device
Before we begin, you’ll need to make sure that your Redmi Note 5 is fully charged or at least above 70%. You’ll also need a Laptop PC or a computer for this process. One these two boxes have been checked, we can then get ahead and begin.
- First, Install the Mi PC Suite on your PC and restart the PC.
- If your Redmi Note 5 is turned off then simply press and hold the volume up and power up button simultaneously to take you to the recovery screen. However if your device is turned on, press and hold the volume up, volume down and power button to reboot the device and as soon as the mi logo shows up on screen, let go of only the volume down while still holding the volume up and power button till your hit the recovery screen.
- You’ll be greeted with three options in the recovery screen; Reboot, Wipe data and Connect to mi PC suite or Mi Assistant Depending on the MIUI Version you’re on. Now, Using your volume down button, scroll to the third option which is connect to mi PC suite and Click on it with the power button. Once you do that, you’ll be shown the notification to plug in your phone to your PC.
- Next, Open the Mi Unlocking tool folder and run the adb.exe file then run the Mi Unlocking tool. Once that is running, plug your phone to your PC using a good USB cable, preferably the one it came with.
- After connecting your Redmi Note 5 to your PC using the USB cable, Click on the Mi bypass account option on the Mi Unlocking tool which will immediately reboot your device.
- First boot takes about 8 to 10minutes. Let it finish the process and don’t disconnect the device from the computer while it is rebooting. Once it finally reboots, you’ll no longer see the locked message anymore. You can now unplug your device and start using it again.
This method also works for other Xiaomi devices facing this particular locked phone issues so you can definitely try it for other Xioami phones with the same problem. If you still have questions about this guide or something wasn’t made clear here, feel free to let us know through the comment section down below.