Samsung Galaxy M40 Price and Full Specs Review
Samsung has been focusing more on the mid-range segment lately and has just added a new device to its ever-growing list of mid-range devices. The new Samsung Galaxy M40 has a 6.3-inch display with a punch-hole, a Snapdragon 675 SoC on the inside, 4GB or 6GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB of storage, a triple rear camera setup and a 3,500mAh battery capacity with support for 15W fast battery charging. Let’s dive a little deeper.
Samsung Galaxy M40 Key Specs
- 6.3-inch PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 4GB/6GB Of RAM
- Snapdragon 675, Octa-core 2.2GHz
- 64GB/128GB built-in storage
- 32MP + 8MP + 5MP rear camera and 16MP selfie camera.
- 3,500mAh non-removable battery
Design And Display
Samsung Galaxy M40 has a 6.3-inch PLS TFT display with a punch-hole cutout at the top left side of the display that houses the front-facing camera. The bezels at the top and bottom are also minimal. At the back are the triple Cameras, and LED flash and a fingerprint sensor for biometric unlock. Overall, the device weighs 168grams, measures 7.9mm in thickness and comes in two colour options; Sweater Blue and Midnight Blue. It also has a Hybrid SIM card slot which means the second SIM card slot doubles as MicroSD card slot also for additional storage.
This device is packed with a triple Camera setup at the back which comprises of a main 32MP shooter with an f/1.7 aperture and PDAF, a secondary 8MP ultrawide camera with an f/2.2 aperture and PDAF, then a 5MP depth sensor camera for depth sensing with an f/2.2 aperture. Features of the rear camera include an LED flash, HDR and Panorama. It can also shoot 2160p videos at 30fps and 1080p videos at 30fps.
For the front, there is 16MP shooter taking a chunk out of the display with an f/2.0 aperture, HDR and the ability to also shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Inside the device is the Snapdragon 675 SoC which is a chipset built on the 11nm process technology with an octa-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz alongside an Adreno 612 GPU. It has either 4GB or 6GB of RAM for multitasking with 64GB or 128GB of internal storage respectively. If you need more storage then you can use the second SIM card slot which doubles as a microSD card slot and can accommodate up to 1TB of additional storage. It runs Samsung’s One UI out of the box which is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Battery and Connectivity
Keeping the lights turned on here is a 3,5000mAh battery which comes with support for up to 15W fast Charging through it’s USB Type-C port. It also has 4G LTE connectivity, Bluetooth, dual-band, WiFi direct, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, GPS, NFC and FM radio. The 3.5mm jack is missing here.
Samsung Galaxy M40 Price and Availability
Starting price for the Samsung Galaxy M40 is at $288 and will go on sale on June 18 through Amazon, Flipkart and PriceBaba. Samsung Galaxy M40 Price in Nigeria has not been announced yet, once the device arrives Nigeria, we will update the post with the actual price
- Dimension: 155.3 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 168g
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: PLS TFT Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels,
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, One UI
- Chipset: Snapdragon 675, Octa-core 2.2GHz
- RAM: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 1TB (uses second SIM slot)
- Primary: 32MP + 8MP + 5MP – LED flash, PDAF, Panorama, HDR
- Secondary: 16MP – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,500mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: 15W
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $288
Availability: Coming Soon