OLX Nigeria: How To Buy And Sell on OLX App Or Website
In April, we reported that Jiji, which is a popular online classifieds marketplace, acquired OLX in Nigeria, along with 4 other countries in Africa. As part of that deal, OLX users in this would be directed to the Jiji online marketplace, and the transaction was backed by Digital Spring Ventures, one of the cornerstone investors of Jiji:
Users will always come first for us. We warmly welcome OLX’s customers to the Jiji family and we look forward to our new customers joining Jiji on its journey to empower the lives of its customers by providing a safer, more secure and enjoyable online shopping experience.”
Do you also want to leverage the advantage of a huge market base and numerous unique sellers available on the OLX platform? This article brings just about every bit of information you need to get you started.
In case you didn’t know this before now, with OLX you save money when you buy, and you can make money selling second-hand items. Mind you, OLX is not just about the number; it’s a global trading platform which offers both the existing and new buyers and sellers a more accessible, safer, and faster avenue for local transactions of used goods. With OLX, you get the opportunity of posting your Ads for free and search other classifieds adverts that catch your interest within your local area.
To begin with, you can visit the official site of OLX Nigeria by clicking here or download the classifieds App for free, which comes with a lot of cool features aimed at offering improved user experience. Through this platform, you can sell almost anything online from houses, cars, mobile phones, household items, accessories, second-hand piece of furniture and other personal effects, etc. OLX Nigeria commenced operation in 2012 and has been creating prosperities for both the buyers and sellers using the platform.
Bear in Mind That…
OLX has a set of rules of engagement on their platform, which must be strictly followed by users, to enjoy a smooth run.
- Do not include a watermark on any image you are to use on the platform.
- Every ad must have an image(s) for proper product clarity, apart from those in the job and services types.
- Posting of illegal product items is not allowed and strictly frowned at.
- Every service or product offered must take place within Nigeria.
- Always include a valid mobile number and email addresses.
- Avoid the use of ambiguous and violent words in your ads.
- Provide clear and concise content in your ads description.
- There is zero tolerance for multi-level marketing jobs.
- No duplication of ads.
- Post every product item independent of others. The only exception to this is products such as shoes and the like that come in pairs.
- Adverts on donations, friendship, and relationship are prohibited.
- Do not include any third-party website on any ads.
How to Buy and Sell on OLX
Want to post Ads on OLX Nigeria? Follow the procedures below:
- Sign up for a new OLX account with your basic contact details. Ignore this step if you have an existing account.
- Go to “Sell your item” to initiate your Ads placement.
- Provide a suitable and catchy title for your Ads. Do not forget to include the name of the product and desist from using capital letters and characters such as #, %, !or @.
- Back you Ads up with a good description, good enough to woo buyers.
- Quality product image goes a long way in getting your buyers to want to buy. Avoid the use of pictures sourced from the internet as this is not allowed.
- Be reasonable in your pricing decision and avoid the use of punctuation marks when stating your price.
You can buy from OLX either via the Classifieds App or use the official website. Below are the steps to follow.
- Once on the platform, you can select from displayed Ads or use the search box to explore more Ads either by description or picture.
- Click on the Ads that appeared best for your need, and this will direct you to the full product description page, showing the photos, price, location, and other information of the seller.
- You will be required to supply your email, as well as a note, showing your interest in the product underneath the photos.
- The remaining part of the process will get anchored by the advertiser for proper price bargaining.