TECNO Camon 11 comes with a Notch Screen
TECNO Camon 11 is the latest iteration in the TECNO Camon series and a direct successor to the TECNO Camon X that was released about 6 months ago. The new TECNO Camon 11 comes with minor improvements over its predecessor packing a slightly bigger display, all new and trendy 19:9 aspect with a notch up top to house the camera and other Senors. Let’s get into the nitty-gritty of this device.
TECNO Camon 11 Key Specs
- 6.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo with 3GB/4GB Of RAM
- Quad-core 2.0GHz, Mediatek Helio A22
- 32GB built-in storage
- 13MP + 2MP dual rear cameras and 16MP Selfie camera
- 3,750mAh non-removable Battery
TECNO Camon 11 Design And Display
The TECNO Camon 11 has a 6.2-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixel. At the top-notch is a single selfie camera with the speaker grill and the proximity sensor while a small chin sits comfortably at the bottom of the device.
Turning over to the back of the device is a dual-camera setup vertically lined up at the top left corner of the smartphone’s back. At the centre is the fingerprint sensor for biometric verifications/authentications. The device also has dual SIM slot with a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
TECNO Camon 11 Camera Review
The TECNO Camon series have been known for their exceptionally good camera and the Camon 11 is no letdown. At the back is a dual-camera setup of 13MP + 2MP which is Portrait mode ready with Quad-LED flash for low light photography. For selfies, there is a sharp 16MP camera with an LED flash to brighten those selfies taken in the dark.
Hardware and Software
MediaTek Helio A22 takes charge of the device with quad-core processors clocking speeds of up 2.0GHz. As for gaming, we have an IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU for that. This is paired with either a 3GB or 4GB of RAM for smooth multitasking experience.
Both RAM option comes with 32GB of internal storage and if that isn’t enough, you’ll still be able to expand the storage via the MicroSD card slot up to 256GB. The device runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with TECNO’s HiOS skin version 3.3 on top.
Battery & Network Connectivity
The battery of the TECNO Camon 11 stands at 3,750mAh which should be enough to get you through a day. The device also supports MediaTek’s fast charging technology – MediaTek Pump Express, so charging the device shouldn’t take long.
A two hours charge should be able to get you to a full battery from 0%. There is also 4G LTE onboard for fast internet connection. Other features of this device include WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth v4.2, Fingerprint Sensor, FaceID, a Micro USB port and support for USB On The Go.
Camon 11 Price And Availability
TECNO Camon 11 Price for the base 3GB/32GB version starts at $161 which is approximately N49,000 while the bigger 4GB/64GB version can go as high as $185 which approximately N65,000. The device is yet to go on sale as at the time of writing this. It was launched in Lagos Nigeria on the 19th of November 2018.
TECNO Camon 11 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 156.65mm*76.05mm*5.6mm
- Material: Polycarbonate
- Weight: 158g
- SIM Dual SIM: (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.2-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, HD+ 720* 1520 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A22, Quad-core 2.0GHz
- IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- RAM: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Primary: 13MP + 2MP with Quad-LED flash
- Secondary: 16MP with LED Flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE
- Bluetooth v4.1
- USB microUSB 5 Pin
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack 3.5mm
- Sensor: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,750 mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Polymer
- Fast Charging: Yes, MediaTek Pump Express
- OTG Support Yes
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: N49000
- Availability: November