How to Download Google Apps on Huawei Mate 30 & Mate 30 Pro
Are you thinking of buying the latest flagship from Hauwei-the Mate 30 Pro but you are kind of sceptical since it does not come with Google apps?
In this article, I will be showing you simple steps to follow to install Google apps on your Huawei Mate 30 Pro
While most smartphones from Chinese smartphone manufacturers do not come with Google apps pre-installed.
Huawei has been one smartphone manufacturer whose smartphones usually come with Google apps pre-installed. Especially the ones that are being sold in the international markets.
However, the ban on the smartphone maker from the US government kinda complicated things during the launch of their Mate 30 Pro smartphone. This caused the smartphone to not have the necessary Google apps an android device should have.
This means, as an owner of Huawei Mate 30 Series, you won’t have access to Google apps like Gmail, YouTube, Google Play Store e.t.c as these apps require Google Mobile Services (GMS) to work.
Thankfully, there is a way around this which anyone with the device can follow in order to get all Google apps on their Mate 30 Pro.
How To Get Google App On Your Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Getting Google apps to work on your Huawei Mate 30 Pro is a pretty easy and straightforward step if you know how to go about it.
Simply downloading the Google Play store app and installing it won’t work as there is no foundation (Google Play Services) for it yet on your smartphone.
To Get the Google Play services on your Huawei Mate 30 Pro, you’ll have to follow the outlined steps below.
- First, you’ll need to have access to the internet, through WiFi or data connection.
- Now, Launch any browser of your choice and visit this website – www.lzplay.net
- The website is in Chinese but not to worry. Just click on the big blue button on the page which should prompt a download of a 3MB file.
- Or if you are using Chrome, you should see a translation pop-up to translate it to English
- Download the file and once it is done downloading, click on it and install it.
- You will receive a prompt to allow installation from unknown sources. Go ahead to grant it permission. This will install all the necessary things you need on your Huawei Mate 30 Pro to runs all other Google apps. It will also install the Google Play store.
7. After that is complete, you’ll need to restart your device.
8. Then Launch the Google Play store app. Sign in with your Google account and you can now download other Google apps from there like Gmail, YouTube, Photos etc.
You might encounter an issue with some of the apps but when you do, simply restart your phone to fix the issue.
if that doesn’t fix it, uninstall, restart and install the app again. That’s pretty much how to get Google apps on not just your Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone, but other Huawei android smartphones as well that doesn’t come with Google apps pre-installed.